Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Anyone Using Airtronics Servos???

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 11:06 AM
redbiscuits
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone Using Airtronics Servos???

I am thinking of trying out some of the Airtronics servos. I have been running HiTec servos since I started in the hobby a few years ago and I am starting to question their reliability. The gear train in the MG HiTec's are starting to get sloppy and I have had a couple of the standards burn out in the last couple of months.
Can anyone tell me how the Airtronics have help up in real world experiance?
These are the ones I'm thinking of going to...
http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/...tal-servo.html
http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/...-bb-servo.html
Thanks

Old 11-09-2011, 11:13 AM
ArchNemesis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Using Airtronics Servos???

Hey Gary,

I've been using ATx servos almost exclusively for going on 15 years now.  The current line up is very solid for reliability.  The 94761/762's are one of the best servos IN the line up and you'll find a lot of endorsement for them from the sailplane community as they're the dominant wing servo for that group.   I personally use them as elevator servos for all of my 2 meter pattern planes, as well as for both my Trex 500 Heli's and a variety of "50" size electric sport planes.   I don't have a lot of experience with the 162's , but it's been a work horse servo in the line up for a long time.

I'm also a huge fan of the 94780's if you need something super strong and fast. 

Lastly, I use the 94774's on my pattern planes for Ailerons.  Very quick, and aggressive centering.

All have tight metal gear trains that have held up extremely well.   I think you'll be happy.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:27 AM
redbiscuits
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Mark,

Thanks for taking the time for the feedback. I am planing on outfitting a TF GS P-47 with Airtronics servos. I don't fly 3D or anything, but I do like to go real fast. I am hoping that they will out perform HiTec's 645MG's
Old 11-09-2011, 12:40 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Airtronics servos aren't usually the least expensive option, but they do offer performance and reliability well beyond their normal selling price. I can't imagine you'd be anything less than happy with them, redbiscuits.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:18 AM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been flying Airtronics for years and currently have the SD-10G system in a number of airplanes. My new 1/3 scale L-19 Bird Dog has the newer 94851 MG high torque digital servos on all control surfaces and they are performing flawlessly. They are not as fast as some in the Airtroinics line but with the Bird Dog who needs 3D fast.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:42 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As all ready stated, they may not be the lowest cost, but I have been happy with every servo I have from Airtronics. I have the small 94761 digital paired with a 401 gyro. This combo is fantastic. It holds the tail on my 450 like it is glued in place. I have a lot of the analog servos. They have been well beaten and still work well.

Buzz.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:07 AM
Pippin

The ATX 94761 might be the only servo in its class that comes with dynamic power control. Whereas most of the smaller servos slow down under load, the chip of the 94761 regulates current in order to keep the high turning speed under all conditions.

And even the the standard analog 94102 offers precision you would not find at even higher priced servo from other brands. The important factor here is dead band width. Also, the 94102 analog can be used together with fast 2.4GHz radios like the SD-10 without any problems.