Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Slowing Retract Servo

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 08:15 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slowing Retract Servo

I'm running a JR 791 Hi-Torque Analog Retract Servo with a Futaba 10C TX; is there a way to slow this Servo Down with my Radio, does a Servo Slow Function exist? I have the retract servo on Channel 5.

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:57 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Slowing Retract Servo

ORIGINAL: dasintex

I'm running a JR 791 Hi-Torque Analog Retract Servo with a Futaba 10C TX; is there a way to slow this Servo Down with my Radio, does a Servo Slow Function exist? I have the retract servo on Channel 5.

Thanks.
I have these servos. They are not Proportional so you cannot slow them down using the programming in the transmitter.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:11 AM
dasintex

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking that was going to be the case.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:29 AM
prichiuso

Check out the electric servoless retracts at Hobby King (Hobbyking.com). They have several sizes and types and they're inexpensive (CHEAP!!!). They're easy to install and they retract slowly like realistic hydralic retracts. They're much easier than the mechanical or pneumatic retracts.

Pete
AKA: Oldflyer
Old 11-26-2011, 08:40 AM
pilotpete2

+1,
Electric retracts have been available for some time from E-Flight, now Robart is coming out with them[8D]
There are many advantages to these electric retracts. One big one being that since they have a much higher gear ratio (slow is nice!), they also draw less peak current than the typical servo operated ones.
Pete
Old 11-26-2011, 01:31 PM
lrb75
My Feedback: (12)

Spektrum has a proportional retract servo that just came out. You can slow it down.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:34 PM
dasintex

So if I get one of these Spektrum Proportional Retract Servos, can I slow it down with my Futaba 10C radio?
Old 11-26-2011, 04:44 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So if I get one of these Spektrum Proportional Retract Servos, can I slow it down with either my Futaba 10C radio or with a Servo Programmer like the ones from Hitec?
I dont knowif the 10C has the servo slow fuction on any channel except the throttle check your Futaba manual. As far as I know the Hitec programmer will only
work on Hitec programable servos.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:40 PM
dasintex

The Hitec Programmer will work on Digital Servos only, that Spektrum Proportional Servo I mentioned is Analog; and you are correct, I finally read the manual to my 10C and Servo-Slow only works on the Throttle Channel, there is a way to assign the Throttle to another channel, I have to tinker around a little bit to see if it's worth it; does any one know of a module or something that you can hook up between the Receiver and the Retract Servo that slows it down?
Old 11-27-2011, 06:43 AM
lrb75
My Feedback: (12)

The hitec programmer will only work on hitec ditigal servos no other brands. Tower hobbies carries a goslow module from EMS. RCDUDE has a small inline module.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:26 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

does any one know of a module or something that you can hook up between the Receiver and the Retract Servo that slows it down?
Sorry I don't have a link for you since I really haven't paid much attention to such threads, but IIRC there is such a device. Suggest you wander over to the Warbird forum for additional input?
Old 11-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's the link to the ESM GoSlow.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXPNV2&P=8

It will slow down any proportional servo, but not a 2 position dedicated retract servo.

You can modify a standard servo to rotate 180 degrees by adding some resistors into the circuit.
http://mypage.yhti.net/~dmcdnld/s148retract.htm

I ended using this method to modify a cheap chinese TowerPro 995 servo to run the retracts on my H9 Hellcat, then slowed down the servo with a 12FG transmitter. The ESM GoSlow would work for your 10C.