Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

mini servo on nitro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 11:24 PM
nitro4life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini servo on nitro?

would it be a bad idea to use a mini servo on a nitro car? cuz i have this hitec 225 mini servo laying around and i was thing of using it on my re built rs4 car that i have. i would be planning on using the mini servo on the steering only tho. would this break the servo or is it recommended to use a micro servo on a nitro?
Old 08-24-2003, 06:16 AM
Lynx

That probably wouldn't be a good idea, you could use it, and it would work. But it would cause a lot of wear on the servo and you'd have sloppy steering. If you just don't want to spend the cash on a new servo try it, if you don't like it shell out a few for a new one. A few test runs on the micro won't detonate it or anything =>
Old 08-24-2003, 08:20 PM
strato911

I agree with Lynx - the strain placed on a steering servo would likely break a mini. However, you could use a mini for the throttle instead of a standard servo, since that doesn't ussually place much load on the servo.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:20 PM
nitro4life

yea but i have a rs4 racer and i tried fitting the mini servo onto the throttle part but it wont fit cuz its not long enough, so the only way i see it is if i juss use the mini servo on the steering or dont use it at all.
y would it put too much strain on the mini servo for steering tho?
Old 08-24-2003, 10:31 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The HS-225 has a really weak gear train. It wouldn't last long on any kind of RC car. They do have plenty of power, just not the durability.
basmntdweller
Old 08-24-2003, 10:55 PM
nitro4life

Originally posted by basmntdweller
The HS-225 has a really weak gear train. It wouldn't last long on any kind of RC car. They do have plenty of power, just not the durability.
basmntdweller
so this servo is still no good for a micro? id say it would work for a micro, cuz if i wasnt gonna use it for my nitro i would juss put it on my second micro.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:25 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry, I don't know what an RS4 is. My familiarity with rc cars is 1/12th scale stuff on carpet, and that's been quite a while. I have seen these little tiny cars like 4 or 5" long. If that is like your RS4 it should be fine, as long at you don't hit hard on any thing. Gearsets for these servos are pretty cheap so just keep a few sets handy. They are great servos, just fragile gears.

basmntdweller
Old 08-24-2003, 11:33 PM
strato911

Originally posted by basmntdweller
I'm sorry, I don't know what an RS4 is.
I don't know either, but if it's big enough to be powered by a nitro engine, it's to big for a mini servo on the steering.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:41 PM
nitro4life

wat i was going to put this mini servo on was a nitro 10th scale touring car, but u guys said it would be too much stress, so i have decided to put the mini servo on my 18th scale eletric micro rs4 car. so it wont go on my nitro car anymore so thanxs for all ur guys help!