Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 01:50 PM
KC0NPJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba

Futaba

What other rcvrs will work with the Futaba 6l system? Is the R2006 the only one with this system?

KC0NPJ
Old 11-28-2011, 02:01 PM
pilotpete2

Default RE: Futaba

No, the R2005GS is the park flier receiver for the T6J radio. I do believe that most of the FHSS Futaba receivers will also work, but I'd confirm that with Futaba.
The R2006GS and R2005GS cover just about all the needs except for a truly micro receiver.
If you look at the FHSS info on the Futaba site, they make reference to coming products that are "FTR" Futaba Radio Ready. Sounds Like The Futaba answer to BNF[8D]
Pete
Old 11-28-2011, 03:30 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I spoke with one of the Futaba "friends" about this
The FAAST system simply does not lend it'sself to the small rx (which as you may know are now integrating multi gyro (accelerometer ) functions
In this business - the chips used are typically ones developed for multi applications-

Essentially Futaba had to hav a system not unlike many others - which will utiliize these chips
They are NOT inferior to the ones they have been using and they are widely used in many game/RC uses.
The compatability with FAAST equipment may/may not be an issue for users .
It is no secret that the current Bind nFly is a HUGE % of the present RCsales.
When 2.4 was launched for our use - there was a lot of opinions about using commercial chips and "special chips -etc..
The chips such as used for Bind n Fly - appear to be the direction for most of this type equipment
Old 11-28-2011, 04:38 PM
frivera12

Ithink I'm going to get a 6J and wait for what Futaba will offerwith the "FTR". Another plus is thatFHSS receivers are almost half of what the FAAST costs.