Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR ES579 servo problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 06:47 AM
sheko_2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR ES579 servo problem

I have a plane with 2 elevator servos JR ES579When I connect both via a Y lead cable with a 6.6 volts life battery I can see both keep flickering while moving them up/downBut when I connect both on a separate channels and mix the other channel with the elevator with 6.6 volts the problem disappears when I move back to the Y lead setup but with a 4.5 volts battery also no problem noticed !!any ideas could help in this problemPS: I tested several Y cables to make sure that no problem with it
Old 02-07-2012, 06:58 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR ES579 servo problem

ORIGINAL: sheko_2000

I have a plane with 2 elevator servos JR ES579When I connect both via a Y lead cable with a 6.6 volts life battery I can see both keep flickering while moving them up/downBut when I connect both on a separate channels and mix the other channel with the elevator with 6.6 volts the problem disappears when I move back to the Y lead setup but with a 4.5 volts battery also no problem noticed !!any ideas could help in this problemPS: I tested several Y cables to make sure that no problem with it
I have experienced this problem numerous times in the many years I have been flying RC aircraft. It is one of the reasons why I do not use Y Harnesses. I prefer using Channel Mixing in the transmitter or I will use a JR Matchbox (or the Futaba equivalent).

In the past, I replaced the Y Harness with a higher quality one that has at least 20-22ga wire. I will NEVER use a Reversing Y Harness. My experience has been that no matter what the brand, the Reversing circuit drifts off Neutral after a couple of flights and has to constantly be readjusted. This is not easy if the Y is buried in the airframe.

A Matchbox will allow you to connect up to 4 servos to one channel and allow you to adjust Servo Direction, Endpoints, Neutral, for each servo. This is perfect for a 4 Aileron Bipe or mixing a Nosewheel or Tailwheel with Rudder, as well as Dual Ailerons, Dual Flaps, Dual Elevators, and Dual Rudders.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:15 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR ES579 servo problem

ORIGINAL: sheko_2000

http://www.rcheadquarters.com.au/7545.html

This servo is only rated for 4.8v. This will definitely cause twitching or perhaps worse using 6v.