Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Buddy bos or trainer system Eclipse 7 fm as master an optic 6 not working

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Buddy bos or trainer system Eclipse 7 fm as master an optic 6 not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 09:45 PM
jorgeneo560

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddy bos or trainer system Eclipse 7 fm as master an optic 6 not working

hi, i am tired of triying and trying again to make work the buddy system, i bought the full package of the trainer cord
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBJDZ
and cant get it work!, the airplane is configured in the master radio, all epa and trims has been copied to the stundent optic 6, the master and the airplane has fm, but the optic 6 is in 2.4 (the din jack version, not the stereo), and what i do is with all radio off plug the trainer cord in order master in the eclipse and student in the optic.
Swith on the eciplse and nothing happens, al lcd info and link is set up had control on the airplane, but the optic 6 totally off, and when i push up the trainer switch nothing happens.
Also i had tried to switch on the eclipse, then put the master din jack, later put with the optic off the student jack and nothings happens, the same result, i never see master or slv on any lcd, also had tried to use the optic 6 as master and no result, i had seen than the cable is stereo, but the flight simulator uses a mono cable in the ecplise 7
Old 04-15-2012, 01:59 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Buddy bos or trainer system Eclipse 7 fm as master an optic 6 not working

ORIGINAL: jorgeneo560 hi, i am tired of triying and trying again to make work the buddy system, i bought the full package of the trainer cord
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBJDZ
and cant get it work!, the airplane is configured in the master radio, all epa and trims has been copied to the stundent optic 6, the master and the airplane has fm, but the optic 6 is in 2.4 (the din jack version, not the stereo), and what i do is with all radio off plug the trainer cord in order master in the eclipse and student in the optic.
Swith on the eciplse and nothing happens, al lcd info and link is set up had control on the airplane, but the optic 6 totally off, and when i push up the trainer switch nothing happens.
Also i had tried to switch on the eclipse, then put the master din jack, later put with the optic off the student jack and nothings happens, the same result, i never see master or slv on any lcd, also had tried to use the optic 6 as master and no result, i had seen than the cable is stereo, but the flight simulator uses a mono cable in the ecplise 7
With your set up both the master and the slave must have own batteries and both must be turned on
- no power is transferred from one to the other.
Please Referto:
. Hitec Buddy - Trainer Box compatibility & battery requirements

. Hitec Aurora Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up

. Aurora 9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up. - & Data Transfer A9<>A9 etc.
- Also covers Eclipse 7 Pro, Optic 6& other Hitec transmitters, the additional info may assist..

. Buddy (Trainer) Box not working with Berg PPL, IPD and similar TX Signal Recognition Receivers.

More under sub Section "Trainer (Buddy box) cables - DIY " under
"Buddy Boxes, Flight Simulator & Interface." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links(quick search = Ctrl+F)

Alan T.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:40 AM
jorgeneo560

Default RE: Buddy bos or trainer system Eclipse 7 fm as master an optic 6 not working

"Eclipse to Optic 6 - Optic 6 light turns on but no screen and slave cannot then be set up to match the master. Battery must be left in Optic but do not turn slave on as slave powers up when Master switched on."

So? what i should do? or it was working but the lcd dosent show nothing? i dont remember if i saw any light on the optic 6

Old 04-15-2012, 02:28 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: jorgeneo560 "Eclipse to Optic 6 - Optic 6 light turns on but no screen and slave cannot then be set up to match the master.
Battery must be left in Optic but do not turn slave on as slave powers up when Master switched on."
So? what i should do? or it was working but the lcd dosent show nothing? i dont remember if i saw any light on the optic 6
Sorry, that extract is froma post is dated17Mar07well prior to issue of the combo package #58321
and related to the Hitec #58310 One Way 6 pinDIN cable which did supply partial power for
PPM transfer. Slave still required own battery for screen and mixes etc. That threadisnow
locked and was unable to update yesterday. willtransfer as an update under A9 trainer thread.
With stereo cable in middle, Combo package can only transfer PPM in, PPM out &Ground (earth)
- no power. Pictures of the three cable types are attached for reference.

As per the lead comment post #2 above:
"With your set up (Hitec Trainer Combo Package #58321) both the master and the slave must
have own batteries and both must be turned on- no power is transferred from one to the other."

Circuit diagrams of the cable connections are shown under
Aurora 9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up. - & Data Transfer A9<>A9 etc.
- Also covers Eclipse 7 Pro, Optic 6& other Hitec transmitters, the additional info may assist..

Did you try powering up both Tx ?

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30211.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	1750751   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16269.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1750752   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78880.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1750753  
Old 04-15-2012, 09:05 PM
jorgeneo560

Solved, in fact it was working, i get confused becouse in the trainer cord manual appears " when you plug the cords it will display master or slv (slave) on the lcd", but in the both radios ecliplse 7 and optic 6 dosent says nothing on the lcd the aurora 9 is the only radio that show something i think, just plug it in the way you way to control, (if modules are not removed from the radio the both will transmit, you only had to leave the module that is linked with the rx) and power up the 2 radios starting with the master first and that it, even dosent need to set up the trims and epa of servos (i discover it accidentaly with the wrong model memory).
The only thing that i hate form hitec its the poors manual on accesories
Old 04-16-2012, 12:38 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: jorgeneo560 Solved, in fact it was working, i get confused becouse in the trainer cord manual appears " when you plug the cords it will display master or slv (slave) on the lcd", but in the both radios ecliplse 7 and optic 6 dosent says nothing on the lcd the aurora 9 is the only radio that show something i think, just plug it in the way you way to control, (if modules are not removed from the radio the both will transmit, you only had to leave the module that is linked with the rx) and power up the 2 radios starting with the master first and that it, even dosent need to set up the trims and epa of servos (i discover it accidentaly with the wrong model memory). The only thing that i hate form hitec its the poors manual on accesories
That is in Section One which relates to theuse of "Stereo Cable" onlybetween two Tx.
The first being the Optic 6 Sport and now the Aurora 9.
Section 2 covers the use with 6 PINDin Plugs.

#58321 instruction sheet being printed a long time before the Aurora 9 was introduced and was expanded
under Hitec Support Forum:
Hitec Trainer (Buddy) System Update - New "Stereo Plug" system and how to use
before either 7.2v Tx was widely available
. The Optic Sport 5 and Lite 4 also use the Stereo lead as slaves only, but neither have LCD screens.

Alan T.