Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Aileron Servos vibrating

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 05:10 PM
tomfiorentino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aileron Servos vibrating

Hi guys,

Please check out the link below. Both servos in the wing are behaving with the violent shaking and buzzing.

JR 9503 2.4, dsmx receiver although transmitter is not dsmx. Dual ec3 power feeds. Hitec servos. Only the dual aileron servos are doing this. Fresh A123 charge yesterday with one flight everything was fine. Today, I did flights 2 through 5. Noticed the shaking at the end of flight 2...thought maybe the batteries were a little "hot"...but the condition persisted. Video is at the end of flight 5.

Just looking for the approach to figuring out what is goin on. Anyone see this before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B39PY...e_gdata_player

Thanks,
Tom

Old 05-06-2012, 05:25 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Aileron Servos vibrating

ORIGINAL: tomfiorentino

Hi guys,

Please check out the link below. Both servos in the wing are behaving with the violent shaking and buzzing.

JR 9503 2.4, dsmx receiver although transmitter is not dsmx. Dual ec3 power feeds. Hitec servos. Only the dual aileron servos are doing this. Fresh A123 charge yesterday with one flight everything was fine. Today, I did flights 2 through 5. Noticed the shaking at the end of flight 2...thought maybe the batteries were a little ''hot''...but the condition persisted. Video is at the end of flight 5.

Just looking for the approach to figuring out what is goin on. Anyone see this before?

Thanks,
Tom

Try to include all the information you can so that a proper diagnosis can be made.

What type of servos are you using? Are they compatible with 6v? Some are not.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:36 PM
tomfiorentino

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: tomfiorentino

Hi guys,

JR 9503 2.4, dsmx receiver although transmitter is not dsmx. Dual ec3 power feeds. Hitec servos. Only the dual aileron servos are doing this. Fresh A123 charge yesterday with one flight everything was fine. Today, I did flights 2 through 5. Noticed the shaking at the end of flight 2...thought maybe the batteries were a little ''hot''...but the condition persisted. Video is at the end of flight 5.

Thanks,
Tom

Try to include all the information you can so that a proper diagnosis can be made.

What type of servos are you using? Are they compatible with 6v? Some are not.
Oh heck yes...good question...they are 7955TG's all around except throttle which is just a straight MG. This is an Aeroworks 50cc and I have probably 35 or 40 flights on it. Dual batteries with BEC.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 05-06-2012, 08:06 PM
aussiesteve

they are 7955TG's and I have probably 35 or 40 flights on it.

Tom
That is the crux of the problem.

I am not sure about this forum but on a couple of other forums there are long threads about exactly this problem.
My recommendation would be to contact HiTec and discuss it with them.

Great servos while they are working but the pots wear out pretty quickly on the higher voltages due to a hardware related issue. there was a "fix" published on another forum that was pretty simple but I don't remember the exact details of the top of my head.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:25 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

The pots have a worn spot at the neutral position.
A temporary fix is to adjust the linkage to move the aileron off neutral about 1/eighth of an inch then move it back with sub trim. This puts the pot in another position at neutral.
The only permanent fix is to have Hitec replace the pots.
Static balance of the aileron will help minimize this problem.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Pippin

There tons of reports about troublesome 7955TG. Just do a quick google...
Old 05-09-2012, 02:34 AM
tomfiorentino

ORIGINAL: Pippin

There tons of reports about troublesome 7955TG. Just do a quick google...
Yea...and I just finished reading tons too!

Sending all the servos back to hitec today and I am really unhappy about the whole thing. I'd rather have new servos then some repaired concoction at this point. It's note like I got my money's worth out of the servos and now I am sending them in to extend their useful life.

The flying season is too short in upstate NY to get stuck with this issue. They are brand new!

In any event, is the firmware update THE fix at this point? And should I have hitec do something preventative on the servos that haven't started acting up as of yet?

Thanks,
Tom

Old 06-02-2012, 02:20 AM
tomfiorentino

Well...I came home from work yesterday and there was a box from Hitec sitting on my front porch.

They sent me 6 brand new servos!!!!

Wonderful, and I am so appreciative of their support and the concern they showed for my issue...

It's just great! It's gonna rain all weekend, but I'll gt them installed in short order and hopefully be back in business soon.

Thank you Hitec!

Tom