Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum AR400 Anyone use one? Are they new?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Soar Neck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum AR400 Anyone use one? Are they new?

I was just checking out the spektrum site and I saw the ar400. Its a full range 4 channle reciever for 30 bucks. Seems like a great price for delta wings and other 4 channel setups. Has anyone used one? Are they somewhat new? This is the first time that i have seen one but then again I hadnt been looking for one. It would be great if this works as good as the ar600 for half the price. It would seem as it is spektrums answer to the hobbyking 6$ knock off receivers.

Update, just looked below and its not on product link section. Looks like it might be new. Cool deal
Old 05-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Soar Neck

Default RE: Spektrum AR400 Anyone use one? Are they new?

Just answered my own question. Just saw the review on youtube. Awesome!! I have smoked 2 planes with those piece of **** hobby king receivers
Old 06-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Soar Neck

I got my first ar400 today. It works awesome, binds quick, locks on quick and is as full range as can be
Old 06-27-2012, 12:54 PM
John C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to heatr. I've been using both 500s and 600s for several years with no problems, range or otherwise.

John C
Old 06-27-2012, 01:09 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just picked one up today at the LHS, the first ones got there yesterday. I figure I'll put it in a flat foamie first, wring it out. I've been using AR6200, 7000, and 8000 receivers. For thirty bucks, this one looks like a bargain!

Old 06-27-2012, 04:31 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice small rx-
It is really worth mentioning the operating instructions - they really cover the essentials of a 2.4 rx system
It also notes the various tx rx combos for DSm2 and DSMX-and info about using DSM2.
It's easy to see why these systems outsell all the others -
Old 06-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Soar Neck

RMH, you are correct. I actually rad the instructions and it was surprisingly clear. I am stoked on this little rx. Buying a second tomorrow. This little booster antenna is cool also. Has something to do with picking up signals from every angle so you dont have to worry about aligning the two antennas in different directions. Putting the seconds one in my 150mph funjet. Cant wait
Old 06-28-2012, 01:01 PM
rmh

ORIGINAL: Soar Neck

RMH, you are correct. I actually rad the instructions and it was surprisingly clear. I am stoked on this little rx. Buying a second tomorrow. This little booster antenna is cool also. Has something to do with picking up signals from every angle so you dont have to worry about aligning the two antennas in different directions. Putting the seconds one in my 150mph funjet. Cant wait
The two antenna are pointed in different planes- . The little device on the antenna is called a low noise amplifier - The exact technical arrangement -I don't know- essentially - it comes on if signal fades are seen.
Getting each antenna away from components which can block signals is always a good idea
I have seen the most expensive systems lock out when the antenna placements were not correct.
If the rx "can't see" the signal -it does not matter who made it or how much it costs
This setup improves receptions but it will NOT cure lousy antenna placement
Do a" revolve the model" range test - to make sure you have antenna placement as well placed as possible
BTW - I have never had a lockout with any of the Spektrum rx but I am a bug about antenna placement
Old 06-28-2012, 01:02 PM
rmh

ORIGINAL: Soar Neck

RMH, you are correct. I actually rad the instructions and it was surprisingly clear. I am stoked on this little rx. Buying a second tomorrow. This little booster antenna is cool also. Has something to do with picking up signals from every angle so you dont have to worry about aligning the two antennas in different directions. Putting the seconds one in my 150mph funjet. Cant wait
Old 06-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Wingman26

I picked up 2 of them yesterday, I've never really trusted the Hobby King orange receivers, although some people have done OK with them. I'm really glad to see a basic sport receiver from the OEM that is reasonably priced.

I think you do have to give Hobby King part of the credit, their sales of the orange receivers likely spurred the development of this cheaper sport class receiver.