Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Larger replacement battery for Airtronics RDS8000

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 08:52 AM
skeeter_ca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Larger replacement battery for Airtronics RDS8000

Well, i knew it was going to happening sooner than later. I've had my RDS8000's for about two years now and the Tx batteries in both of them have finally bit the dust. I'm looking for a Nimh replacement with a high Mah capacity. I was told and even showed a replacement battery of around 2000mah from a guy at our flying field was availible from Hobby People. I can't seem to find it on there website. Does anyone know what the part number is for it. I'd rather stay away from the lipo's for now and just use a plug n play replacement battery for it.

Any help would be appriciated

skeeter
Old 06-06-2012, 08:58 AM
wesaysoracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Larger replacement battery for Airtronics RDS8000

i tried the 1600 nimh batteries , they worked better than the stock one , but not good enough so i bought a turnigy 2.6 3 cell lipo for a jr radio , swapped the positive and negitive pins around in the connector, now it lasts a long time , i should have done it a long time ago but i did not

less than 14 bucks too
Old 06-06-2012, 02:31 PM
P-40 DRIVER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check NoBS batteries aka Hangtime hobbies, they have exactly what your looking for.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:01 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Several battery companies now will provide ready made packs for your radio made of Sanyo Eneloops, an excellent choice. These are the low self discharge NiMh cells that are 2000mah size. They hold a charge nearly as well if not as well as the LiPo's do and; you can charge them in place with the charger that comes with the Airtronic's system. At Radical RC they cost $39 plus $3 shipping. I'm sure other sources are also available, even your local hobby store may carry them, our's do.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:56 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought two of the Hi Energy packs from Hobby People. It is a 2600 mah nimh pack. It was on sale for $23.00 so I bought two. I cannot find them on the site any more. Mone last for a longer then I do. Went camp/flying for 3 1/2 days. Way top many flight's to count. Never needed charging. I also have the Hydrimax battery. It is also a good choice. It just needs a real slow charge rate.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAEBZ&P=7

Buzz.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rodney

Several battery companies now will provide ready made packs for your radio made of Sanyo Eneloops, an excellent choice. These are the low self discharge NiMh cells that are 2000mah size. They hold a charge nearly as well if not as well as the LiPo's do and; you can charge them in place with the charger that comes with the Airtronic's system. At Radical RC they cost $39 plus $3 shipping. I'm sure other sources are also available, even your local hobby store may carry them, our's do.
+1 for the Eneloops! I'm not convinced that a LiPo is the way to go for transmitters after watching several guys at the field puff theirs when they forget to charge them. And who wants to remove a battery to charge it anyway. The Eneloops are an excellent transmitter power source though not a cheap one.