Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba with 3S/1C Lipos for TX

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 12:40 PM
darrzemp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba with 3S/1C Lipos for TX

Is there anyone out there using 3S/1C at 11.1 volts LiPos in your Futaba 7C transmitters? Whats been your experiences? Do you limit charges to 11.4 volts or charge to the full capacity? Also how about 2S/1P LiFes at 6.6 volts for the receivers and servos. Same questions? Do you limit the charge to stay way from BECs or how do you keep from having to use voltage limiters? Thanks - Darryl
Old 06-06-2012, 01:35 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Futaba with 3S/1C Lipos for TX

ORIGINAL: darrzemp

Is there anyone out there using 3S/1C at 11.1 volts LiPos in your Futaba 7C transmitters? Whats been your experiences? Do you limit charges to 11.4 volts or charge to the full capacity? Also how about 2S/1P LiFes at 6.6 volts for the receivers and servos. Same questions? Do you limit the charge to stay way from BECs or how do you keep from having to use voltage limiters? Thanks - Darryl
I do not know what the voltage requirements are for the 7C Tx. My 9C used 9.6v Tx batteries and I used unregulated 3cell LiPos. They are 12.6 volts fully charged (4.2v/cell).

As for Rx batteries, I have been using 2cell LiPos for a number of years (8.4v regulated to 5v or 6v depending upon the servos). LiFe packs are 3.3v/cell or 6.6v for a 2cell Rx pack. They charge up to 7v but drop quickly to 6.5v and remain there for the entire Discharge cycle. I use them now in all my aircraft. They are very quick to charge and hold their charge for weeks. I charge them every few days, if I am using them every day, and it only takes 10 minutes. I use the LiFe unregulated with servos that support 6v. If I was using HV servos, I would use Unregulated 2cell LiPos or LithIon Rx packs. I will never use NiCad or NiMh again. There is no need to. I use LiFe or LiPos in all my Tx's. More and more radio manufacturer's are offering LiPo or LiFe packs for their Tx's.