Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9303 JR Spread 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Checklst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 JR Spread 2.4

I have the Spread Spektrum Module(9303) and have a question about the Bind /Data/ Batt plug on the receiver do you plug the batt into a Y cable at that port........or will any port do for binding.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:57 PM
snuts

Default RE: 9303 JR Spread 2.4

http://spektrumrc.com/DSM/Products/airReceivers.aspx
Here you go, find your spacific receiver. Then you can find the full instructions.
But to answer your original question, yes power can be applied to any open port.
Hope this helps.
-Snuts-
Old 11-16-2012, 02:07 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Its a power bus, so any port will take power
Old 11-16-2012, 05:43 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Checklst

I have the Spread Spektrum Module(9303) and have a question about the Bind /Data/ Batt plug on the receiver do you plug the batt into a Y cable at that port........or will any port do for binding.
The Bind Plug always has to be connected to the Bind Port either Directly or via a Y Harness. The Rx battery can be connected to the same Y Harness as the Bind Plug or to any Servo Port, Directly, or via a Y Harness.

If you have a DSC compatible Switch Harness (3 Wire) you can connect the Bind Plug to the Charge Jack on the Switch Harness.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Checklst

I kinda thought new receivers would allow batts to be Y off or attach to any port like the old FM stuff(better to ask)......I will have all 7 ports full in this plane.......IT GREAT news (buschbarber) to hear that I can only use the bind port for binding, but it can be on a Y on that port.......a short Y will make it a lot easier to bind....the small receivers and my big fingers don't mix. I don't have 3 wire switch, but I will look for those next time.....new to the Spektrum game.

Thanks again Guys........
Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You don't really need a three wire switch.
The RX uses the data/battery port for binding.
I use a short heavy duty servo extension, carefully separated the three wire in the middle (or other convenient location)
and solder a miniature push button switch between the black lead (-) and the signal line on the opposite side.
(Outer wires on a three lead servo cable extension) A small piece of foam tape can attach the miniature push button to whatever.
I bought several of the little pushbuttons from Hansen Hobbies when I needed some cables and connectors.
You can carefully bend the four pins around the wires and solder. Use an ohm meter to determine the pin pairs
with the push button not pushed. Obviously, there are two pins on each side that will show continuity with the push button not pushed,
and all four contacts will show continuity with the button pushed.

http://www.hansenhobbies.com/product...act_6mm_v_h=5/

Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: chuckk2

You don't really need a three wire switch.
The RX uses the data/battery port for binding.
I use a short heavy duty servo extension, carefully separated the three wire in the middle (or other convenient location)
and solder a miniature push button switch between the black lead (-) and the signal line on the opposite side.
(Outer wires on a three lead servo cable extension) A small piece of foam tape can attach the miniature push button to whatever.
I bought several of the little pushbuttons from Hansen Hobbies when I needed some cables and connectors.
You can carefully bend the four pins around the wires and solder. Use an ohm meter to determine the pin pairs
with the push button not pushed. Obviously, there are two pins on each side that will show continuity with the push button not pushed,
and all four contacts will show continuity with the button pushed.

http://www.hansenhobbies.com/product...act_6mm_v_h=5/

I have been using the 3 wire Switch Harnesses ever since I bought my first DSC compatible radio (Futaba 8AUPS). The molded in Charging Jack, with cover, keeps the dirt out. These switches are higher quality and resist vibration. If you are using such a switch, why would you jury rig up some other switch? If you have a smaller model and the 3 wire Switch Harness is too large, I can see going in another direction.

If you use a Voltage Regulator between the Switch Harness and the Rx, then you need to use a Y Harness and connect the Switch Harness to one side and the Bind Plug to the other.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:01 PM
bestobdii
Banned

If you use a Voltage Regulator between the Switch Harness and the Rx, then you need to use a Y Harness and connect the Switch Harness to one side and the Bind Plug to the other OBD2[/b].