Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Combining 2 channels

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 12:01 PM
Mr_Byte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Combining 2 channels

Hello everyone,

I have an older Futaba Conquest 4 channel radio, and I'd like to do something that requires a little soldiering work, but I'm not sure exactly how to proceed.

I have an air boat with 2 rudders. Because of the size of the boat and engine (it's a 2'x4' floating weedeater...) I'm running 1 servo for each rudder.

Currently, I've got the 2 on a Y-harness on a single channel. I'd like to put them on 2 different channels, but modify the TX so that I can flip a switch and separate them, so they're on say, the left and right sticks on the normal horiz. axis.

I think I can do this by switching the middle (common?) leads of the potentiometers, ie: when both are on 1 channel, I link the 2 centers to one stick. When separated, I return to "normal" for the TX and they are on separate sticks.

It'd take a SPST switch, since I'm either adding one channel or removing it and putting it back to it's normal wiring.

So after y'all finish laughing...Does it sound like I've figured this out?

My next project is to add the 3 missing channels...

Mr. Byte