Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

question about JR

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 06:07 PM
orthobird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default question about JR

hello, i am looking for guidance / help;

i have a JR transmitter = 9503, it was purchased november 2011. it has bout 15 planes programmed on it.
and
my question:
i have put together an extreme flight 91" extra 300 with a DA 60 with MTW r2 pipe.
i have flown her about 14 times.
i have a JR powersafe receiver, 9 channel DSMX (922)
and connected to it are 2 fromeco lithium ion batteries 7.4 volts, and in between the battery and the receiver, there are charge switches.
http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...ProdID=JRPR922

these are connections into receiver and what is at the other side:

1. throtlle == Futaba BLS 157 servo for throttle
2. rudder == JR HV DS 8911 for rudder with a SWB arm
3. elevator == right elevator half servo JR DS 8911 HV
4. aileron == right aileron servo JR 8911 HV
5. Aux 2 == left elevator servo HV JR 8911
6. AUX 3 == LEFT Aileron servo JR HV 8911
7. Gear == Duralite spark switch
8. Aux 4 == Fromeco DC up cricket

Here is the problem:

1. today i noticed that several things happened, although i still kept on flying her:
if i flew low = and slow = i noticed that the airplane would do a very small aileron twitch and roll, very slight, and the winds were under 5 mph, so i knew it was not the wind.

2. i landed and did rebind.

3. flew her again, and i landed, her , still did same thing, so when i turned off receiver first, i noticed the left elevator half went down all the way upon turning off the soft switch, then i turned off transmitter.

4. i also noticed my spark switch would turn off. had two deadstick landings, after i connected the battery directly to ignition, it stopped turning off engine, and flew great.

but problem with the aileron or rudder or elevator slightly moving , let's call it a twitch, persisted., accroidng to the Dc-up, the lowest voltage recorded was never less than 7.3 volts or so, and max volt was 7.9 volts.

the batteries were fully charged prior to flight, and it was charged at 1.0 amp rate, each battery is 2600 mAh

any suggestions??

Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 AM
orthobird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: question about JR

impressed by tech aero IBEC, after thorough research. so, i just ordered one, and will perform a test. if problem persists, that means it is problem with my transmitter or my receiver. 
question??? has anyone programmed their transmitter switch to be in a safety mode when using the tech aero IBEC?