Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Trouble binding Fr Sky conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 05:55 AM
Mustang Man-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble binding Fr Sky conversion

I recently purchased 2 Fr Sky 2.4 conversions for my older, JR PCM 10 and XP-8103 Tx's. I bought the "combo pack" that comes with a receiver in each kit. The problem I am having is that I can bind successfully to model 1 but when I switch the Tx to model 2 and bind it, when I go back to model 1, I no longer have binding. Am I doing something wrong or are the Fr Sky set ups good for only 1 airplane each, in other words, do I have to use a different Tx for each airplane although the PCM-10 has a 7 model memory and the XP-8103 a 10 model memory?[] Any and all information would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:09 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Trouble binding Fr Sky conversion

ORIGINAL: Mustang Man-RCU

I recently purchased 2 Fr Sky 2.4 conversions for my older, JR PCM 10 and XP-8103 Tx's. I bought the ''combo pack'' that comes with a receiver in each kit. The problem I am having is that I can bind successfully to model 1 but when I switch the Tx to model 2 and bind it, when I go back to model 1, I no longer have binding. Am I doing something wrong or are the Fr Sky set ups good for only 1 airplane each, in other words, do I have to use a different Tx for each airplane although the PCM-10 has a 7 model memory and the XP-8103 a 10 model memory?[] Any and all information would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
The Model Memories are part of the original transmitter and have nothing to do with the 2.4 conversion modules. Binding is different for each manufacturer's 2.4 system, however, the main goal is to store the GUID of the transmitter in the receiver so that the receiver only responds to that transmitter. When you Bind to each receiver this is what happens. It should not matter which Model Memory you choose. Spektrum has Model Match which allows you to Bind to an individual Model Memory. I don't believe FR Sky lets you do that. Once you Bind to a transmitter with Fr Sky, you can control the receiver from any Model Memory, so you have to be sure you have chosen the correct Model Memory for that aircraft. Changing Model Memories should not affect the Bind.