Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX7S EXPO

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 02:30 PM
p3arljam
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX7S EXPO

I was wondering when you set expo up does the plane you are setting the expo up on have to be turned on or can you go into your radio and set the expo for multiple planes without the planes having to be turned on?
Old 06-30-2013, 02:58 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX7S EXPO

ORIGINAL: p3arljam

I was wondering when you set expo up does the plane you are setting the expo up on have to be turned on or can you go into your radio and set the expo for multiple planes without the planes having to be turned on?
You can set up the Tx without the Rx turned on.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:06 PM
JIMF14D

All your set up stuff is stored in your Tx so you would not really need the plane on. BUT......as you do your set up or after you have done it you should always turn on the plane and run through all the control throws, switch functions, mixes etc that you have set up so that you can check that the surfaces move in proper direction with reasonable throws etc.

You don't want to find out on take off that you have the ailerons reversed or with too much throw etc.
One set up that needs to be done with the plane on is Fail-Safe. This is the setting the controls will go to if your system looses the link between Tx and Rx. See your radio manual for the for the fail-safe set up procedure.

Also, if you are doing an electric plane set up always remove the prop first so the motor does no start unexpectedly and you get hurt. Motor checks should be done on a saftey bench at the field.

If your TX has a monitor display like my wonderful Hitec A9 does you can get a feel for the servo commands as you move the sticks and switches as pre-check before you turn the plane on for the first time.
Remember, if you set expo to 100% you have little or no control throw.....not good if you are flying when you throw the rate switch to that postion and then try to figure out what is wrong as your plane goes down....

Good luck

Old 06-30-2013, 07:29 PM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

You set the expo for each model.