Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Hobby King servos HKS-9650 - center position moves 45 deg by its self w/temp change?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hobby King servos HKS-9650 - center position moves 45 deg by its self w/temp change?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 06:13 AM
cphdrider
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby King servos HKS-9650 - center position moves 45 deg by its self w/temp change?

Hobby King servo HKS-9650 High Speed Servo [HR][/HR]I purchased 3 of these servos from Hobby King USA recently and installed all 3 in a Sundowner 36. The servos worked well during installation, however, when I took the plane to the field to fly I noticed a problem that would have caused a crash. When I first got to the field I assembled the plane and sat it down on the flight line. As usual... talked with the guys for an hour and went to fly the plane and noticed all the servos were off center position by approx 45 degrees. I could not figure out what caused this so I did not fly the plane. When I got home I turned on the radio and all the servos were centered correctly? So, I took it to the field again same scenario and after an hour with the plane in the sun it happened again. Trying to figure out what the problem was, I tried two different TX's and two different RX's and the problem was still there. My last attempt to located the problem was after the servos had changed center position at the field I removed the wing and set the plane in front of an electric fan and within 15 minutes the servos moved back to center position. I believe that would prove a problem within the servo that is heat related causing the servo electronics to reposition center. Now... I returned the servos to HobbyKing with a detailed explanation. HobbyKings warranty return dept said I retuned the servos with arms cut up and they found no problem with centering. My question, how does HobbyKing expect a person to install the servos without cutting the arms as required? I am sure all they did was plug them in and yes they would center. However, did they test them with heat changing from room temp of 74 deg versus 90 deg at the field? I did a chat with HobbyKing and suggested they do more test as this condition will cause crashes. The person on the chat - hung up! And by the way, this was the second chat person that hung up on me. I will also add that my club president is the owner of Dymond USA and he witnessed the recentering and stated it had to be an electrical issue with the servo PC board components.

Has anyone ever heard of this problem? Anyone know how to get HobbyKing to be reasonable and test servos with temperature change? I have bought alot of RC stuff from HobbyKing and any time I have had a problem they were not-cooperative and "never" replaced or refunded. I think I am finished with HobbyKing...