Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

artronic servos be plugged into futaba recevier

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 10:09 AM
rcworld2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default artronic servos be plugged into futaba recevier

ok I just picked up a used plane it has airtronic servos that have a blue red and black wire can I use these with my futaba reciver?

Last edited by rcworld2000; 01-07-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:46 AM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like those are late examples of Airtronics servos with the old style connectors. If the black wire is in the center of the plug and the connector housing is black plastic, then they're old style and need to be modified. If the connector housing is blue plastic and the red wire is in the center, then it's new style Airtronics and is directly compatible with any modern receiver.
If they're the old style connectors, you can remove the contacts from the connector housing and try inserting them into a Futaba servo connector housing and see if they'll lock in place. Just make sure to insert the red wire in the center, the blue (signal) wire next to the orientation fin on the Futaba plug, and the black wire on the other side. If the contacts won't properly fit and lock into a Futaba plug, you can sand down the face of the old Airtronics plug so it fits between the modern plugs, then just swap the ref and black wires putting red in the center position.
When I switched to Futaba I had some of those old servos and just replaced the servo leads with new Futaba servo leads.
Good luck,
Pete
Old 01-07-2014, 11:53 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcworld2000
ok I just picked up a used plane it has airtronic servos that have a blue red and black wire can I use these with my futaba reciver?
Yes, it is the Sanwa (aka Airtronics) with black, black red which are the older servo with different polarity and pulse rate which require adjustment.
Servo - Wiring Diagrams = use with other brand RX.

Much more information available under sub sections
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures"
"Servo - Alterations, Calculators, Databases, Leads, Repairs, Convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ."
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.