Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Problem with FrySky TFR6

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 05:48 PM
LonnieMcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with FrySky TFR6

Hey guys after doing some research here and there, I decided to get a couple of the TFR6's. I put one in a test bed plane, and was able to bind it with no problem. I have not had a chance to fly it yet cause of weather.

Anyway, I put the second one in my new Funstar, and was able to bind it and set the plane up. Well today when I went to do some taxi checks, I powered up the radio, then the plane. But I failed to notice it was on the wrong plane. So I turned off the plane, set radio to correct model and turned back on the plane. Now the receiver says it's "Lost" signal. So I tried to re-bind it. Turned off the plane, held down the F/S switch and turned receiver back on. Now the red and green light is lit up meaning it is waiting to be bound.

I am using a Futaba 10C radio. Modulation is set to 7ch, like it should be. I am thinking that receiver is possibly bad. I can switch back to my test plane and everything works fine.

Unless there is something else I am missing or should try, I am going to be sending that one back.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:30 AM
LonnieMcc

Hey guys thanks for the help. I was able to get it to re-bind. Now for the taxi tests
Old 04-09-2014, 07:51 AM
pilotpete2

Yeah, the FrSky receivers aren't quite as simple to link as the Futaba receivers
I just thought I'd mention that the FrSky FASST compatible receivers will link in either 7CH or MULTI mode, so with your 10C you can use the MULTI mode with that receiver, giving you user settable failsafe settings on all channels.
I have the little 4 channels FrSky in a 2M sailplane, where having fail;safe settings on the control surfaces is very important, allowing the plane to go into de-thermalize configuration if signal is lost.
Pete