Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

reversing non programable servo

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 10:01 AM
toolmaker7341

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reversing non programable servo

Looking for somone knowledgable with digital servos. I have EXI servos from Hobby Partz that I would like reverse rotation for flaps on 1 channel. It has on the pot black and white outside and red wire to the center. Motor has red+ black- and white to the case. On anolog you reverse the 2 outside wires on the pot and reverse the motor terminals. Still the same for these digitals?
Old 04-23-2014, 10:20 AM
pilotpete2

Yes, it would be the same for a digital servo.
Wouldn't it just be easier to rig the flap linkages correctly, rather than having them rigged as ailerons?
Two flap servos on a Y harness should not need to be reversed.
Pete
Old 04-23-2014, 10:51 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/tips...d-servo-2.html

yup, (previously discussed) as long as you actually have wires to swap.

on the other thread, mention was made about using a servo reversing extension, which would be easier / simpler, but I am aware many manufacturers do NOT recommend using them.
(I'm NOT saying it won't work!)
and while I agree with pilotpete2 that reversing isn't always required, most 2 servo flap configurations require the servo to be mounted differently, which isn't always easy to change. (or would result in the flap pushrods to be asymmetrical)
for flaps, that asymmetry wouldn't make a difference in how they work.

good luck!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:58 AM
toolmaker7341

Originally Posted by pilotpete2
Yes, it would be the same for a digital servo.
Wouldn't it just be easier to rig the flap linkages correctly, rather than having them rigged as ailerons?
Two flap servos on a Y harness should not need to be reversed.
Pete
Unfortunatly that wouldn't work here as the linkage would have to be offset. Soooo I would have to use seperate channels, get programable servos,reverse extension or reverse the servo internally(cheapest and most reliable)

AMA 74894 solution works great. I would have tried it anyway if no one had any experience. I miss the "good" old days when I built my own radios and servos although I wouldn't trade my 2.4 computer radios for the good old days

Last edited by toolmaker7341; 04-24-2014 at 09:01 AM.