Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Throttle servo question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 03:18 PM
p3arljam
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle servo question

I am completing the assembly of a Seagull Decathlon and i centered all my servos. I installed the throttle servo and binded my TX to my RX all went well. The throttle servo without the pushrod attached worked great. Before hooking the pushrod to the servo i turned on my TX and then my RX to check everything was still centered. As soon as i turned the RX power on the servo rotated about 1/8th of a turn on its own and then returned to the centered postion. My TX is a Spektrum DX7S with a AR600 RX and the servo is a Futaba 3004. My question is there a way to stop the servo from rotating on its on power up so it does not cause binding or unnecessary pull on the throttle?
Old 04-03-2015, 12:26 AM
Aerocal

While the Rx is booting up the Thr will move to the failsafe position until it Connects. Im sure you know how but just to confirm I do set my servo to around center of travel.Move carb to about half open and hook linkage up. Then set travel on both sides for wide open without binding and around idle on the other end. Then on the next powerup I rebind and reset failsafe if my low endpoint was adjusted very much up from -100. Otherwise next time I repower and failsafe ws originally set to low stick(-100) it may force the linkage into a bind and/or slam the barrel shut. When its close enough to startup I then use low endpoint again to set my idle again if necessary. I have thr cut setup to be at adjusted idle point or slightly higher before my first run. Once I get idle set I engage the Cut and crank in more value until the engine dies.
Then as a final step before flying and everything else is setup I rebind one last time to reset all failsafes. This is where you decide depending on the model whether you want motor to competely shut off duriing failsafe or only go to low idle. If you want engine to shut off Bind with TCut on.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:08 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

or you can just hold your finger on it.