Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Aurora 9x problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 05:56 AM
Ben Blest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Aurora 9x problems

Hi, I.ve been searching alot online for answers and it seems that you guys know more than anyone. I wonder if I might ask you about a problem I have with the 9x,
I seem to be having battery issue, but I dont know if its battery or radio issue. When set on the battery percent display on the transmitter, the percentage seems to vary significantly, and 'bounce'. back and forth erratically every few seconds, even when freshly charged. It will jump from 80 to 60 to 70 to 80 to 65 and so on every few seconds, even when not flying. It does not gradually decrease, like you would expect. If the display is set to voltage, it seems to remain more steady and decrease gradually. This radio is only a year old, and has been doing this since I;ve had it. When I called Hitec, they just said to use the voltage display, and as long as it has 7 volts ok to fly. Not much real help at all from them. However, I have lost two planes to signal loss recently and don;t know what to do.
Have you ever encountered this issue, and what do you think it is? Is this a transmitter issue, battery, or? Do you recommend lipo for the radios? Thanks so much for your time.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:43 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

I recommend sending it back to Hitec to be fixed.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:30 PM
Ben Blest

I called them Steve Percifield, they said there was nothing wrong with it.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:32 PM
Steve Percifield

If you have lost 2 planes because of a voltage issue, or a signal issue , there is something wrong with it. Regardless of their phone comment, document the issues , and send it to them so they can check it out. Don't let it crash any more planes. Mine doesn't behave like yours, there has to be a problem.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:44 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Ditto, return it!
I had an older 9 that lost the screen and they replaced the board...........do not chance it. This cannot be a normal function.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:24 PM
Gizmo-RCU

Well I got part of that wrong, My 9 channel was flashing numbers on the voltage , down about 2 then up 2 or so as it discharged. I ran It an hour running in a new engine. and that happened after it came off the full charge.....
Seems normal to me.

I would not worry about it.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:09 PM
Steve Percifield

Originally Posted by Gizmo-RCU
Well I got part of that wrong, My 9 channel was flashing numbers on the voltage , down about 2 then up 2 or so as it discharged. I ran It an hour running in a new engine. and that happened after it came off the full charge.....
Seems normal to me.

I would not worry about it.
He said he has lost 2 planes to signal loss, plus his voltage is jumping in 10's. In his case he needs to worry about it and get it back to Hitec.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:54 PM
Gizmo-RCU

As you recall, I stated I got part of it wrong? Rest my case....