Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Setting up a new plane (What have I done?) Using Spectrum DX6

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Setting up a new plane (What have I done?) Using Spectrum DX6

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 03:24 PM
smitty4980

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up a new plane (What have I done?) Using Spectrum DX6

I'm trying to bind a Flyzone Seawind to a Spectrum DX6 transmitter and an AR610 receiver. I was doing fine until I got to the flaps. It took me awhile but I finally got it last night. Today I thought all I had left to do was adjust the flight control travels and I'd be ready to fly. I did something wrong but I'm not sure what. I may have plugged the battery in before turning on the transmitter. When I turned on the transmitter the motor spinned up and it would not stop with the transmitter. I had to disconnect the battery. Now I get a nonstop beeping from the motor after turning on the transmitter and connecting the battery. The motor does not turn when the throttle is moved. Can someone please assist in getting me pointed in the right direction?
Old 02-23-2016, 09:57 PM
Aerocal

It sounds like you may need to calibrate the ESC range. Im not completely sure about the flyzone ESC but you may need to reverse the Throttle channel.

Instructions for calibration are here
http://manuals.hobbico.com/flz/flza3612-14-manual.pdf
page 13

Dont forget to remove the prop until you get it working correctly.
When you are all done setting it up dont forget to Rebind the Rx with the Thr down/off
to be sure the Failsafe is set correctly.

Last edited by Aerocal; 02-23-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:03 AM
smitty4980

Originally Posted by Aerocal
It sounds like you may need to calibrate the ESC range. Im not completely sure about the flyzone ESC but you may need to reverse the Throttle channel.

Instructions for calibration are here
http://manuals.hobbico.com/flz/flza3612-14-manual.pdf
page 13

Dont forget to remove the prop until you get it working correctly.
When you are all done setting it up dont forget to Rebind the Rx with the Thr down/off
to be sure the Failsafe is set correctly.
That got it! I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out where I screwed up! Thank you so much. I sincerely appreciate your help!