Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need a new Transmitter for my Traxxas Rustler

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 08:38 AM
CurlyCucumber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a new Transmitter for my Traxxas Rustler

Hey guys. I bought a Rustler back in 2010. I haven't touched it for quite a few years. I seem to have lost the remote control, which is the transmitter, I believe. I also need a new motor.

Can I just use any transmitter? And if so, which one do you recommend? I'm not crazy serious about it, I'd just like to get it running again. My budget is probably 50-60 USD.

Keep in mind, I am an EXTREME newbie to this. Please try and understand. >_
Old 03-10-2016, 04:08 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome to RCU.

My recommendation for that price range...RadioLink RC4G 2.4G 4CH Radio Control Transmitter w/ R4EH-G Receiver, or possibly the TrackStar D-Spec TS4G 2.4GHz 4-Channel Radio System (Gyro Integrated). Pretty much the same radio. And if you leave the page sit on HobbyKing site...a special one time price will pop up. Reviews can be found on the "www" . They are my top choice should my three FlySky FS-GT3C ever poop out on me.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:14 AM
CurlyCucumber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your input!

So, the TrackStar Transmitter looks like it's right in my price range.

My Rustler has a receiver on it that takes crystals to function. I have a pretty old Airtronics transmitter (Like 1994) that my dad used to use for his truck. His old truck and transmitter has brown crystals in them. I tried taking the one out from the truck and putting it in the rustler. It seemed to connect, but the controls were going nuts. It was going forward and reverse randomly and the steering barely worked.

Do you think buying two new crystals and using them would fix it? Or should I just buy the Trackstar one and replace both the receiver and transmitter?