Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Compatible Receivers

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 03:38 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compatible Receivers

What receivers are compatible with a Hitec Aurora 9?
Old 03-28-2016, 08:51 AM
JollyPopper

OK, let me ask it another way. Fr Sky makes receivers that are compatible with Futaba radios. Does anyone know if any body out there makes receivers that are compatible with Hitec radios, specifically the A9?
Old 03-29-2016, 05:13 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not familiar with that particular transmitter. If it is SLT (secure link technology) perhaps a Tactic receiver may work. I know I've seen some advertisements stating that some Hitecs use SLT. Why don't you contact Hitec and ask them?
Old 03-29-2016, 07:48 AM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The original Hitec Aurora 9 is only compatible with our AFHSS equipped receivers if you are using our Spectra 2.4Ghz module. You can use any one of our Minima or Optima receivers with it, so long as the module has the current software installed onto it.

The newer Hitec Aurora 9X is compatible with Minima, Maxima, and Optima receivers, and has the SLT protocol that Tactic receivers and other inexpensive receivers have.

Our 2.4Ghz AFHSS technology is proprietary to us, same as most of the manufacturers on the market.

http://hitecrcd.com/products/aircraf...eivers-modules
Old 03-29-2016, 07:48 AM
JollyPopper

I didn't contact them and ask because I have doubts as to just how forthcoming they would be in divulging that there are some competitor's components out there that would work with their radios. I do not know that to be true, but I do know that Futaba can be less than open about their equipment at times. Other times, they are very good.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:45 AM
pilotpete2

Here you go!
https://alofthobbies.com/radio-gear/...ompatible.html
Pete
Old 03-29-2016, 01:58 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I don't know if they are the same ones Aloft sells but Hobby King sells Hitec compatible receivers. A friend uses them on his budget planes and they seem to work just fine. Some of the genuine Hitec receivers are fairly inexpensive though.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:26 AM
JollyPopper

Thanks, guys. That is the information I was looking for. I used Futaba only for years but have always wondered about the A9 that one of our guys had and I loved the on screen programming. I stumbled across what I suppose is an early A9, not the X, and simply wondered if there were after market receivers that would work with it. I have been using a lot of FrSky receivers with my Futaba and in the last four years have not had one single glitch with one. I was hoping they had one that would work with the A9, I see that they do. What are the experiences of you folks who have used the FrSky with the A9? If they are as solid with Hitec as they are with Futaba, I would want to try them.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:19 PM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
I didn't contact them and ask because I have doubts as to just how forthcoming they would be in divulging that there are some competitor's components out there that would work with their radios. I do not know that to be true, but I do know that Futaba can be less than open about their equipment at times. Other times, they are very good.
Had you contacted us we would have told you what works with our systems and what doesn't, it's well known that there are inexpensive aftermarket brands of receivers that will work with our AFHSS but it's not something we recommend because we just don't have any experience with those systems at all. We can only recommend what we know works well and has been proven because we want you to enjoy your model using equipment that just plain works.

Also understand that the Aurora 9 is a module based transmitter which means you can fit almost any brand of 2.4Ghz module to it that is compatible, Spektrum, Futaba, and I think JR as well as a couple of other brands have or have had modules at one point that did fit the Aurora 9.

Last edited by Xpress; 03-30-2016 at 12:21 PM.