Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 14SG vs 14MZ

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 04:54 PM
tigil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 14SG vs 14MZ

Hi all,
I want to have your opinion on one question that keeps bothering me:
I own presently a 14SG that has 3 years and I am attracted by a 14MZ which seems attractive, of better quality etc. I know that the 14MZ had somes years of use...

thanks
Old 09-22-2016, 10:02 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tigil
Hi all,
I own presently a 14SG that has 3 years and I am attracted by a 14MZ which seems attractive, of better quality etc. I know that the 14MZ had somes years of use...

thanks
3 years ago I bought the SG to replace my MZ. Just as you mentioned, the MZ is 20 years old and I thought of retiring it. For me, there is no comparison. The MZ is a far better tranny. It does lack telemetry, if you want that, and a few other minor things. I ended up servicing my MZ and keeping it. Both have some flaws. I hate the battery consumption of the MZ, it is a power hog. But over all, no comparison.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:14 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by tigil
Hi all,

thanks
I think it would be a mistake to overlook the new 18SZ radio in favor of the old 14MZ. It's the same size as the 14SG, has the same gimbals as an 18MZ and about 95% of the programming capability of the 18MZ.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:04 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All about what you will spend. Telemetry radios have pushed values of non down far faster than expected. I bought a 12 FG for nothing. It really has killed the 9z 10x values. Two years ago they would bring 300 now lucky to get more than 100. So if you are happy with used a $400-500 14MZ it is a big quality step up. If you are spending more get the new 18SZ.