Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 28X misses

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 03:49 PM
Mavpro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 28X misses

Hi all.
Don't know what others expected from the new JR flagship, but I really miss/don't understand a few things.

First of all, I'd expect that the picture of the actual chosen model should be shown in the home screen.
Second, on a radio at this level with a state of the art software; different models/ helicopters should have its own home screen, utilizing the icons/widgets which is individual for the actual model chosen. If I choose a helicopter with three axis gyro, I really have no interest in icons showing trim inputs...

Any chanses that features like this will be around for coming updates?

Also, I'm quite disappointed about the screen quality, being at the same stage as the first mobile phones which entered the market ten years ago. The current Graupner radios have a top notch screen at less than a third of the price of the 28X.

Can't help it, but my old 12X is still my favorite..
Old 10-21-2016, 04:39 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

https://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/ne...ts.php?no=3537

I don't think you're going to see any product improvements for quite awhile.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:50 AM
Mavpro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad. But I'm not surprised. Technology has evolved faster than most have expected the last years. While JR was busy building the new 28X, other parts of the industry made fantastic new products where one can implement a regular cell phone to operate stuff via apps... Just looking at DJI from start till present says it all.

Anyway, in the mean time, I'm one of those who will continue my hobby using my 28X and 12X, waiting for JR to overcome their adaption to the market in the future.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:13 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reliability has traditionally meant stable products. The speed that something different can come to market today hurts that. Futaba and JR will be the losers in that part of the business. When the super cheap radios are super reliable who knows who will stay. Futaba and JR are now up against the whole Chinese manufacturing machine instead of just RC radio makers.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:17 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Top named radio systems, Futaba-JR-Hitec-Airtronics, may not have the latest "Wow" factor but they provide quality build and reliability the lesser brands do not. I've been a radio nut since getting into RC in the late sixties and have tried numerous brands right up to the latest, from expensive to cheap.

Within the multitude of Chinese radios, some are surprisingly reliable though poorly made. Most are throw away which can be witnessed by boxes full of them at swap meets. Some of the better ones are built fairly well with the gadget/bells and whistles being the attraction. Overall their reliability/longevity is hampered by lesser quality components than major brands.

Depending on one's needs, cheaper may fill the bill. But for valuable birds I'll take known reliability/quality over "wow".

While the OP's JR may not be as flashy as lesser brands, it is unlikely to ever be in a swap meet dollar box.