Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

72 Mhz Receivers-Any market for them?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 07:16 AM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 72 Mhz Receivers-Any market for them?

I have several Futaba 72 Mhz receivers and was going to pitch them but was wondering if there is any kind of market for them. I see lots of them for sale on eBay. Are people still buying these things?
Old 02-19-2017, 07:55 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a lot of folks still flying on 72mhz. As long as their flying location has no issues (cell /microwave towers, etc..)with getting hit then no problem. Those folks will still buy them and the price is probably still around $10.00 depending on the model receiver.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:12 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can also install a 2.4Ghz module in some. You can also attach an AnyLink module to most of them and be on 2.4. This will save some a bit of money and let the use any SLT type receiver (the Tactic receivers meet this criteria and are very good and inexpensive). As to which module you can get for those transmitters using plug in modules, FrSky and Spectrum modules are available.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:51 PM
warhwk
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you could donate your 72Mhz Radio/Rx's to any broke teenagers flying at your field. I still use 72Mhz for introductory flights and training new pilots. In these cases, a new 2.4G Rx would exceed the value of the plane.
I have been given dozens of 72Mhz receivers over the years. I certainly wouldn't pay as they are given away as freely as candy on Halloween.

Last edited by warhwk; 02-20-2017 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:10 AM
Jennifer Curtis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Around my area, some people still use
72 MHz gear. Generally the receivers
go for $10 new or $5 used, but only if
it is on the correct channel for the buyers
transmitter.

Jenny