Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Fully Touch Screen Transmitter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 10:37 AM
Yaseen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fully Touch Screen Transmitter?

Hello everyone,

I’d like to attach a touchscreen to an RC boat transmitter, so that when someone draws on the touch screen, the boat’s movement reflects the path drawn. Does anyone know of any projects similar to this? Or in general, does anyone know of any projects/products of (2.4GHz) RC transmitters whose channels are controlled via touch screen? I’ve tried looking online and from what I’ve seen, commercial touch screen transmitters still seem to have channels that are controlled by physical potentiometers.

I greatly appreciate any insight on where to start.

Thank you,
Yaseen
Old 03-15-2018, 05:41 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

I think you would need to do your own. This seems like a very limited market. Not all boats could even use it. In most cases for safety you still need two hands to hold a two stick transmitter while the vehicle is moving. And in most cases turning also involves controlling more than just rudder. Sharp turns in a high speed power boat usually require throttle control. All turns in a sailboat require sail control. A tug boat or battleship might get by with following a path but that's about it.
If you really want to do something like this you might try that other unnamed rc web site - it has a lot of information about open source programming of transmitters.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:47 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Look up "Mission Planner." It's a PC and mobile app that you use to configure a flight controller. The flight controller will be used to control your vessel.

You aren't going to be using a transmitter. You'll be doing this from a computer over a different connection medium.

Andy