Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum AS3X (AR636) Flight Mode Assignment

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 09:34 AM
Span24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum AS3X (AR636) Flight Mode Assignment

I recently installed an AS3X (AR636) receiver in an aircraft (eflight Maule M7) w/flaps using a DX6 Transmitter. I used the Spektrum Programming app to load defaults for the Maule M7 aircraft which were downloaded from the Horizon Hobby website. Im having some difficulty understanding how to assign the AS3X flight modes (mode1, mode 2, mode 3) on the transmitter. With the flaps assigned to AUX1 and SAFE mode (OFF/ON) assigned to the A (trainer) switch I have no idea how or where to assign the AS3X flight modes. As it is setup now the trainer switch can turn SAFE on or off and AS3X is always enabled, I just don't know which of the three modes AS3X will use or how to change them.

For reference; The Spektrum Programming app shows three different 'flight modes' where one can select different gains and priorities. The configuration I downloaded from the Horizon Hobby website for the Maule has different gains for each flight mode. I just want to know which mode it will use before flight IF I cannot select the one I want. Hope that makes sense. I cannot (or at least dont know how to) assign these different modes to a switch on my transmitter. The BASIC configuration as explained in the Maule documentation indicates that I should assign a single switch to turn SAFE on or off but nothing about assigning AS3X flight modes. This is where I am confused. As I read them the instructions say that AS3X is always on and that depending upon the bind method used (pull the plug before binding) SAFE can be assigned to a switch. I have done this but I cannot find how to assign a switch to the three different flight modes and without the switch I do not know which flight mode (as found in the Programming app) AS3X will be using. They are each VERY different as one would expect given they are for different experience levels. Ive watched TONS of videos and read the manual for every aircraft that has AS3X and SAFE but cannot find how to assign switched flight modes for AS3X... Thanks for your assistance!

I hope this explains my problem sufficiently...

Last edited by Span24; 06-12-2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:49 PM
noob68

Originally Posted by Span24
I recently installed an AS3X (AR636) receiver in an aircraft (eflight Maule M7) w/flaps using a DX6 Transmitter. I used the Spektrum Programming app to load defaults for the Maule M7 aircraft which were downloaded from the Horizon Hobby website. Im having some difficulty understanding how to assign the AS3X flight modes (mode1, mode 2, mode 3) on the transmitter. With the flaps assigned to AUX1 and SAFE mode (OFF/ON) assigned to the A (trainer) switch I have no idea how or where to assign the AS3X flight modes. As it is setup now the trainer switch can turn SAFE on or off and AS3X is always enabled, I just don't know which of the three modes AS3X will use or how to change them.

For reference; The Spektrum Programming app shows three different 'flight modes' where one can select different gains and priorities. The configuration I downloaded from the Horizon Hobby website for the Maule has different gains for each flight mode. I just want to know which mode it will use before flight IF I cannot select the one I want. Hope that makes sense. I cannot (or at least dont know how to) assign these different modes to a switch on my transmitter. The BASIC configuration as explained in the Maule documentation indicates that I should assign a single switch to turn SAFE on or off but nothing about assigning AS3X flight modes. This is where I am confused. As I read them the instructions say that AS3X is always on and that depending upon the bind method used (pull the plug before binding) SAFE can be assigned to a switch. I have done this but I cannot find how to assign a switch to the three different flight modes and without the switch I do not know which flight mode (as found in the Programming app) AS3X will be using. They are each VERY different as one would expect given they are for different experience levels. Ive watched TONS of videos and read the manual for every aircraft that has AS3X and SAFE but cannot find how to assign switched flight modes for AS3X... Thanks for your assistance!

I hope this explains my problem sufficiently...
Looking for the same info, it doesn't seem like it should be that hard to find. However, like you I have watched videos, searched web, no luck yet. I actually have the 3 F- modes assigned to switch b, I just do not know what parameters to put in for the 3 levels. I am completely new to RC flying, the videos I watched that had spektrum based receivers always refer to the 3 selectable flight levels, just kind of assumed they were already set up. I bought a BNF turbo timber and a DX6 radio, do you have to buy a RTF setup to get the 3 selectable flight levels?
Old 12-06-2020, 11:39 AM
carguy84

Bumping this as I have the same issue with an AR636A. I can use it with Safe On and As3X always on, or Safe Off and AS3X switchable via a 3 way switch. But for some reason I can't have a switch for Safe AND a switch for AS3X.
Old 01-01-2021, 02:52 PM
Herky
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

assign your 3 position switch to the flight modes channel 6. You can adjust the 3 positions in the AS3X software. Position 0 is typically OFF (esp for first flights) and position 1 is mild, position 2 is more aggressive. Once you get it trimmed out, you can set position 0 as the default. After a couple flights, you sholdn't need to switch back and forth...leave it in the mode you like best. Do you have a newer DX6 or are you adjusting the AS3X via bluetooth/phone app?