Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Older Servos

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 07:24 AM
svarn
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Older Servos

I'm getting back into the hobby after a 10 year absence. I have several planes with 72mhz receivers that I'm going to change out for the newer 2.4 ghz models. But do I need to change servos also? Will the older servos function with the newer receiver? Inquiring minds would like to know....

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:03 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

No reason they won't work. But why are you changing to 2.4GHz in the first place? 72MHz works just fine and the range is better. But if you are determined to spend the money then one reason to buy new servos is if you are going to A123 batteries. Those older servos may not handle the higher voltage of LiFe as well as newer ones.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:47 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by svarn
I'm getting back into the hobby after a 10 year absence. I have several planes with 72mhz receivers that I'm going to change out for the newer 2.4 ghz models. But do I need to change servos also? Will the older servos function with the newer receiver? Inquiring minds would like to know....

Thanks for your feedback.
As rgburill mentioned; there is lots more to consider when going from ten year old equipment to the new stuff. Better spend some more time doing research on the forums, you've got a LOT TO LEARN......