Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 2pl 27mhz crystals question

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2022, 09:02 AM
Blazman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 2pl 27mhz crystals question

I have a rc that has AM band 3 (27.095mhz) I was looking to get a am futaba controller. I have one I'm looking at with swappable crystals and was wondering if any 27mhz crystals would work in it? It has a 27mhz channel 7 in it and I need 27mhz band 3.
Old 03-22-2022, 08:45 AM
Txmustangflyer

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

All I can say is...good luck.

Crystals: you need ones specified for the exact frequency you need.
If transmitter is working on 7 and reciever on 3 then they have to match up or all the reciever will hear is the sound of crickets.

In all honesty, the simpler route would be a modern 2.4 ghz and reciever. In the end, it may also be a more cost effective route.

Lets start with some basics..

What type of rc are we dealing with? Single channel I'm assuming means a steering servo in an rc wheeled vehicle of some sort?

Second, are you planning on purchasing, building, and running other rc's of the same type?

If so, a transmitter with multiple model memory would be a wise investment, not just for your current project, but your future ones as they come. Take that into account.

Next is availability or parts. You could buy the transmitter and the reciever lose its cookies in a week, month or year. How easy is it going to be to repair or replace?

Last, is cost. For the same money you can buy the futaba and crystals for, you could get a modern transmitter and reciever for, depending on what you purchase.
Swapping the reciever out for a modern one isn't difficult, saves you time, and is more cost efficient.

Last edited by Txmustangflyer; 03-22-2022 at 08:57 AM.