Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FRSKY Archer Plus SR8 RX Stabilizaiton Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2023, 03:57 PM
StephenAdams

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FRSKY Archer Plus SR8 RX Stabilizaiton Issue

Trying out the new Plus series RX and having issue with the gyro. Specifically, I cannot turn it OFF. Radio is X20 running Ethos with current updates applied. Installed the three new LUA scripts for the gyro and calibrated the RX. The SR-8 Plus is on 1.05 (I saw on a YT video there is a 1.08 but cannot find it anywhere). In any case...

Gain - Pot 2 - Ch13
Stable - SG - Ch14
AutoLevel (Oh Crap mode) - SI - Ch16

So, the gyro defaulted to ON and the toggle switch will not turn it off. I confirmed that stabilization is turn OFF under Device Config - SxR. In fact, if you turn it ON it will turn itself back OFF within a few seconds. So the RX is being controlled by the scripts under System - Page 2.
The following users liked this post:
sr8plus (02-10-2024)
Old 08-15-2023, 10:51 AM
CDucote

Im using the TX16s but I had the exact same issue. I did solve it but im honestly not sure exactly what fixed the problem. What I did was restart the receiver and rebound it to the Transmitter. As soon as i did that, and did the onboard calibration it worked like it was supposed to. I hope this helps.
Old 08-17-2023, 05:43 AM
StephenAdams

I did a reset on the RX but nothing changed. I tried a second new SR8+ and it exhibits the same issue. Cannot turn off the gyro. Gotta be something with the switch setup...
Old 08-21-2023, 05:11 AM
CDucote

Ok. So try checking your (Oh Crap) mode switch. If you set it up like it says to, you also put the calibration switch there. the calibration switch has to be a 3 position switch. once you put the calibration switch seperate, you will move the switch three times and a blue light will appear on the receiver. as soon as the blue light comes on do a complete range of motion on both sticks. this will set your gyro and the on, off, should now work.
Old 08-21-2023, 05:15 AM
StephenAdams

CDucote
The issue has been solved. When you stare at something so long you simply lose the ability SEE things. I shared my model.bin file and someone else caught it. I had set the RF to Channels 1-8 (5 ch plane) but neglected the fact stabilization requires 13,14,16. Human error. Thanks for the input
Old 08-21-2023, 07:20 AM
CDucote

Great to hear! I myself am really good at not seeing the obvious. with me its usually something silly that I overlooked.
Old 01-29-2024, 03:58 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CDucote
Im using the TX16s but I had the exact same issue. I did solve it but im honestly not sure exactly what fixed the problem. What I did was restart the receiver and rebound it to the Transmitter. As soon as i did that, and did the onboard calibration it worked like it was supposed to. I hope this helps.
I am using a TX16S MULTI and archer SR8. Can't get the receiver to register. How did you register yours?

Thx in advance