Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

3 Axis Gyro - Rudder Elevator only

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 02:22 AM
LesW

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3 Axis Gyro - Rudder Elevator only

Can anyone advise if I can use a 3 axis Flight Controller/Gyro for a Rudder / Elevator plane (Glider)? I note the 'Model' types for my Gyro show Aileron / Delta (Elevon) / V tail. No mention of setups for a Rudder / Elevator model. Other Flight Controllers / Gyro are the same. The flying wings I have are elevon with two channels in use so that's what has got me thinking
If it is possible how would it all be connected up?
I am using Futaba 10J - THFSS
Thanks
Old 01-08-2024, 04:53 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

A gyro will correct whatever axis you have plugged into it, it doesn't care that you don't connect ailerons.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:22 PM
LesW

Thanks for the response, I have been looking at things from the wrong perspective. I will bench test the Rudder connected to the Roll axis of the gyro and see what that does.
Cheers
Old 03-05-2024, 05:22 PM
DOUGMAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Les, I found myself wondering the same thing. Modern products that supply stabilization are amazing! I am not new to flying models, but I am fascinated by all the choices there are today with electronics......multi - protocol, stabilizers, computer radios, GPS...holy smokes! I have a couple stabilizers that I am waiting to test. I will be ancious to experiment on a couple of my 3 channel (rudder/elevator/throttle) plane, like trying it with the rudder channel receiving corrections from the pitch axis channel of the stabilizer and trying it (rudder) controlled by the yaw axis channel of the stabliizer..........know what I mean?
Old 03-05-2024, 10:10 PM
LesW

Doug, let us know how you get on with your tests, I have not got to the flight testing as yet, hopeless weather last month. I will be trying a MacGyro 3 axis and a D-Power GR7FS Receiver with Stabiliser on S-FHSS.
Good luck
Old 03-06-2024, 07:39 PM
DOUGMAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will do........