Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Another Receiver Qestion

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 02:14 AM
fewchk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Receiver Qestion

I Have a receiver that I have been using and I think someone cut the antena off. Can anyone tell me how long the antena is suppose to be. The frequency is 72.870, Futaba, : Mod. number is FP-R-127DF.
Old 04-29-2002, 02:54 AM
Major Mitch

Few: this may answer your question....... From what I understand to be correct, all RCVR Antenna wires are what is called a 1/4 wave Antenna. You have to calculate the wavelength of your Frequency and then divide that by 4, or if you want really good reception divide by only 2 to get a 1/2 wave Antenna, but it would be very long!!! I was not aware of this when I started in R.C. app. 15 Years ago, and Trimmed/ cut the Antenna wire on my first RC boat... Not A Good Thing To Do.... The above math was done, and with my new RCVR wire of the correct lenth, my boat was working fine again!!!! You should try to get wire of Exactly the Right size/Gauge!! Maybe find a wire off a scrap RCVR..... If you want I can Try to figure this lenth for you at a later time. Let me Know on this thread if you want me to do that!
Old 04-29-2002, 12:11 PM
howardm4
My Feedback: (1)

39" is what you want. It's not super critical in this application.
Old 04-29-2002, 05:37 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

39 inches plus or miinus 1. Any reasonable gauge from 22 to as small as you want that will still be strong enough not to break under use. Do not try to calculate it for 1/4 wave length, the manufactures have loaded the antenna to make it resonant at 39 inches.
Old 04-30-2002, 12:51 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

The length needs to be one meter which is 39 inches
Old 04-30-2002, 02:49 AM
fewchk

Thanks to all I am very greatful. I was flying this model the other day and it started acting funny. I thought when I bought it that that wire wqas too short but I didn't know how long it was suppose to be. I will correct this problem efore I fly again. Once again thanks to all who responded. If your ever in Cherokee Al. please feel free tpo give me a call.