Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Transmitters and flight packs

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 03:37 PM
minnzoo3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitters and flight packs

Against my better judgement, I am watching a transmitter only for sale on ebay. Futaba. If I would buy this, would I have to get a Futaba flight pack or can I buy any manufacturers flight pack of the same frequency. If this is the case, there must be some other specifications other than frequency that I have to match in order for this to work
Old 01-24-2003, 04:20 PM
00hex

If it's FM, then any Futaba, Hitec, or Tower receiver will work just fine. I don't think Airtronics or JR will work but I'm not sure. Pretty much any brand of servo will be OK.
If it's PCM you'll probably have to stick with Futaba.
Old 01-24-2003, 04:34 PM
minnzoo3

Thanks, now that creates another question. If I get a channel 16 transmitter, and I get, say, a great planes micro flight pack, what Rx crystal do I get. I was looking on Tower Hobbies and it doesn't look like I can buy a channel 16 Rx crystal. they just sell 72 high, 72 low, 75 high, 75 low etc. It looks like the Rx crystals are for channel ranges, not a specific channel. Obviously I'm missing something cause this can't be right.
Old 01-24-2003, 06:49 PM
00hex

Some manufacturers split the 72 MHz band in half. 11-35 is low band, 36+ is high band. The crystal is not included in the flight pack you specified.
On tower hobbies website you specify the channel after you click the "buy now" button.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:34 PM
rctrax

Once you have selected a rx channel[in your case 16] then you order a crystal on channel 16. Hi oe Lo band has nothing to do with channel selection. If you have a rx on the lo side[1 to 35] then ch 16 falls into this category
The only other thing to consider is positive or negetive shift in the tx.you need to stay within the samemode Futaba, hi-tec, and tower are all neg and jr and airtronics is pos. As long the rx is on the same shift mode as the tx that's all you need to worry about/
Old 01-24-2003, 09:14 PM
minnzoo3

Thank you very much. I think you answered all my questions about this. I am currently building a BLT and will need to buy some radio equipment within the next couple of months. Thanks again!