Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hi/Low Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 05:51 PM
Goldwing-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi/Low Receiver

I need to buy another receiver as I’m tired of moving the one I have from plane to plane. I see used one’s but before I go that way can anyone tell me about the compatibility of buying a high channel RX and putting a low channel crystal in it? Will it work? Are some RX ‘tuned’ to the lower or higher channels and if so how do I know which is what? One last question, tower has them listed at 49.99 (LXAKL9 & LXAMO) for either low or high and they have one with the crystal at 109.99. (LXH265) So my question is if crystal runs 10 to 15 bucks why the BIG difference in price?

Again, Thanks
Old 05-06-2002, 07:38 PM
flatfour
My Feedback: (8)

Default Hi/Low Receiver

Get yourself a Hitec and you wont have to worry about the high/low band thing. The only Futaba RX I have came with my radio. The other 4 are Hitecs. Hitec crystals are a lot less expensive as well!!!!!

No I don't work for/sell/distribute Hitec equipment.
Old 05-06-2002, 07:47 PM
Goldwing-RCU

Default Hi/Low Receiver

Hi, FlatFour (love that name)
I checked into the Hitec and they are about the same money as Futaba. I've always used Futaba and never had a problem so, if the price is about the same I think I would rather stick with futaba. It's like if you Drive a Goldwing your whole life and it never left you on the side of the Road, and you can get a slightly cheaper something else, what do you pick?

Thanks Again,

PS I LOVE my new radio 9C