Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

tower reciever high/low band sensative?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 03:20 PM
fredsed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tower reciever high/low band sensative?

Does any body know if a chanel 38 crystal can be put in a tower system 3000 reciever that came with a chanel 17 crystal without having it tunned? Some on has told me that tower recievers are made by Futaba and they are said to be high/low band sensative. It seems to range check OK.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:55 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default RE: tower reciever high/low band sensative?

I own one Tower brand receiver, and all the rest(probably 12-14)Futaba receivers. I found the Tower brand identical too and include the molded case and circuit boards inside. Also knowing this I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. I'd say definate yes it is hi/lo band sensitive....in which case your ch17 won't work with your ch38. I would recomend you change one of them out. It's alot cheaper for a crystal, or receiver then a whole plane. My 2cents.... good luck.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:24 AM
rjbarthel
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tower reciever high/low band sensative?

yep Ive sorta known this all along. But just recently I wanted to double check my info ! And Yes tower Rx`s are made by Futaba/hobbico ! they are high and low band tuned !
Here is also what I learned. I switched a Rx crystal from a channel 22 to channel 44 things seemed to radio check ok ! i flew the dura plane a 10-12 times and always had noticed some little odd things happening . like comming in for a landing and 3 feet above the ground and it droped like a rock all by its self ! or making a turn and as the turn is completed it is slugish stopping the turn ! and so on ! none of these things happened all the time just sometimes ! switched my Rx and all was good then !
was it caused from a bad Rx or from the crystal change i did? I dont know for sure but I now just buy my Rx`s acordingly
I just feel its cheeper to do this right than to wish I would have !