Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Failsafe is awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 10:20 PM
sizam
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failsafe is awesome!

Just used failsafe on my 9CHP/149DP for the first time, and its soo freakin' cool! Its like you have mind control on the servos, the failsafe on the HiTec servos I'm using is also cool but I don't get to see it since the 149DP takes over first. Freakin' sweet!
Old 12-07-2003, 01:50 AM
Born to Fly

Default RE: Failsafe is awesome!

How does Failsafe works ?
ORIGINAL: sizam

Just used failsafe on my 9CHP/149DP for the first time, and its soo freakin' cool! Its like you have mind control on the servos, the failsafe on the HiTec servos I'm using is also cool but I don't get to see it since the 149DP takes over first. Freakin' sweet!
Old 12-07-2003, 05:13 PM
sizam
My Feedback: (6)

If the Rx loses radio contact or gets radio garbage (because someone else turned on your channel) it sends the servos to a previously specified position that you set with your Tx (for the Rx) or with the HiTec programmer.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:48 AM
FlyinBrian

But beware, most if not all failsafe capable sets come factory set to "HOLD" that is to hold the last servo position seen before the loss of signal was experienced. It is up to the user to program the settings to, at the very least, set the motor to idle (off for electrics).

FB
Old 12-08-2003, 11:43 AM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Plus, you can not set it dependent on the plane's current attitude. i.e. A little up elevator and right aileron to get the plane to circle, becomes a big problem if you're flying at any attitude other than flat and level.

The fact that you can control the engine speed is it's biggest advantage. That way, when it comes speeding towards the ground, it's not running at full throttle.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:16 PM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

It doesn't look like this would be much help for a aerobatics pilot. For me personally I spend much 60% of my flight time diving, and inverted, i see were it is a good idea but the chances are in the event of radio loss your programmed settings in the failsafe will probably be incorrect. [8D]