Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

T6XA with Crow possible?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2002, 02:54 AM
fotta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T6XA with Crow possible?

I purchased an Ultra Stick 40 and I need to figure out how to have dual aileron servos functioning, as well as 2 additional flap servos (on one channel connected with a Y connector)

Does anyone know if the T6XA can do this? It does not seem to be programmable to use 2 aileron servos as well as a flap function unless I use the ailerons as flaperons.

The only standard option that I have been able to figure out is one aileron servo and 1 flap servo. This is not want I want however.

Any ideas?
Old 05-18-2002, 03:25 AM
Nuker

You got mail

Nuker
Old 05-18-2002, 06:58 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Fotta,
the 6X can not do this completely, no. It can give you a partial setup of crow (its labeled as airbrake) which gives you two aileron servos acting as ailerons and also as flaperons (dropping as flaps) along with an elevator compensation on the airbrake switch.

ch 1 ail right
ch 2 ele
ch 3 thr
ch 4 rud
ch 5 flaps
ch 6 ail left
Old 05-20-2002, 10:36 PM
fotta

Thanks, Before reading this I had come to a similar setup on my own, though did not know if it would work. Nice to have it confirmed before I start moaning to my wife for a new radio.
Old 05-22-2002, 04:40 PM
Jim_McIntyre

Hi Frank,

Even with your radio limitations, you can accomplish this with a third party electronic mixer or, the old fashioned way with a mechanical mixer setup. I've set this up several times on flying wings in the old days when a proportional 4 channel radio without mixing was "cutting edge".

I'll explain at the field tonight if you're still interested.
Old 05-22-2002, 05:39 PM
fotta

Hi Jim,

Yeah, I'd like to hear your take on this. The method above however sounds like what I am looking for. I don't see any real need for proportional flaps - and in any case I hope to upgrade my TX soon enough. I'll see you tonight
Old 05-22-2002, 06:28 PM
Jim_McIntyre

Originally posted by fotta
Hi Jim,

Yeah, I'd like to hear your take on this. The method above however sounds like what I am looking for. I don't see any real need for proportional flaps - and in any case I hope to upgrade my TX soon enough. I'll see you tonight
Proportional flaps are a nice-to-have feature, especially when used with flap-elevator mixing. Check out my Morris the knife setup at the Funfly this weekend.

The simplest setup would be to simply run the ailerons from a Y harness and take the pushrods off opposite sides (both on outboard or inboard side of wing) of these servos. This is a standard setup anyway. I don't know the 6Xa too well (I fly JR) but this should leave you with the choice of proportional or positioned (switched) flaps.