Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9CHP vs. Multiplex Royal EVO 9

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 10:35 PM
aholenstein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9CHP vs. Multiplex Royal EVO 9

Hi everyone,
I can't deceide what to get, the 9CHP or the EVO 9.
I need some help from someone that was able to compare the two radios.
Thanks,
Andreas
Old 01-06-2004, 10:52 PM
-Stevo-

Default RE: Futaba 9CHP vs. Multiplex Royal EVO 9

I've been contemplating getting a new radio and the things I heard about the Multiplex EVO 9 (or maybe even the 12) have really got thing about going for one of them. Right now I don't have experience with either of the radios sooooo... best advice I could give is search the forums, there's lots on here about both of these radios. Read through some of it, try to get your hands on them to see how they feel to you, then make your choice.
Old 01-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Zaquron

The Futaba 9CHP is nowhere near in software flexibility to the Royal EVO. I have seen both and can say that the Multiplex is a lot better. Although there is a hard and long process of 'unlearning' the way asian radios force you into their mixing philosophy, once u get the hang of multiplex's thinking you will see the almost endless possibilities
To get more information see this link [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169050&perpage=15&pagenumber=1]here[/link]
or another one [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154635]here[/link]
Old 01-09-2004, 04:18 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

You ask about the 9CHP, is that biased at helicopters?

A friend of mine who flies fixed wing traded in his 9C to get an Evo9 because his 9C could not do all the mixing he wants, the Evo does it with capacity to spare. There are a lot of people who bought a 9C while waiting for the Evo's delayed release and now wish they had waited for the Evo.

I have no experience of helis, but a heli flier I met while buying his Evo9 said he and several of his heli flying friends are ditching their JRPCM10 in favour of the Evo9, he said the Evo is much more flexible for complex head setups than the JR is. He told me that the Vario helicopter factory has put the entire factory fleet onto one Evo12 and uses that as the factory radio now. I have no info as to how it compares with the Futaba for helis.

H