Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Micro Servos--Info Needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 09:58 AM
PigMan Buggerus
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro Servos--Info Needed

Hi,
I am putting together an Ace Simple Series Corsair, This is a small plane, 36" wingspan. It was reviewed here on RCU, and the reviewer used Hitech HS-81s all around(the plane only takes 3 servos). I was going to go ahead and get the same servos, I was just wondering if these are the best choice, are they reliable, or should I get the HS-81's with Metal Gears, or something else entirerly? Thanks for the info.

Allan
Old 02-02-2004, 09:18 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Micro Servos--Info Needed

They are the same servo just a different gear set. You could use the Ciruss 9 gram servos if you are not over powering the plane. Another choice would be the HS-55 servos.

Dru.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:26 PM
mohr_dave
My Feedback: (6)

Allan,
I have the ACE Corsair and am using the Hitec HS55s, but am using four of them. I put one in each wing half for the aileron instead of the single servo with the cable. I also use the same servos on my ACE ultimate without issue....

Dave
Old 03-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Freddy418
My Feedback: (5)

I'll throw a vote for Blue BMS 371 servos listed here

http://www.av8hobbies.com/blue.html

lighter than hs-55's, more torque output, and only 13 bucks each, can't go wrong.