Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

H9's metal servo arm for JR servo

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 02:34 PM
MV99
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9's metal servo arm for JR servo

I recentaly bought some H9's metal servo arm (HAN3574) for JR servo.

I found it very hard to push it onto servo. Is it normal? Is the meatl servo arm designed that way so such tight fit provides more accurate control?

Many thanks for anyone who will share your experience on using H9's metal servo arm!!

Mitch
Old 02-10-2004, 03:18 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default H9's metal servo arm for JR servo

It's not unusual for new metal arms to have a tight fit. They will "break in" so to speak after awhile and go on and off better.
If there is an arm that won't come off the servo, either modify a small gear puller, or "gently" use a small plier to get equal pressure where it mounts to the servo and rock it back and forth just a little to break it loose.
Are you using them on metal or nylon geared servos_bob
Old 02-10-2004, 03:21 PM
MV99
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: H9's metal servo arm for JR servo

Hi Bob,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

I use H9's metal servo arm on both metal gear (JR-8411 for elevator and Airtronics-94359Z for Rudder) and nylon gear (4 JR-8231s on ailron).

The tight fit actually gives me better accuracy. All I worried is that if I will damage the servo mount when pulling the arm off. Your suggestion is a great one. I will try to make a puller to make it easier to pull off the servo arm when needed.

Mitch