Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio / Servo experts please help..

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Myron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio / Servo experts please help..

Good Morning all,

I am having a servo reverser dilema. I have a Futaba T8UAPs and the FP-R148DP receiver and S3001 servos.... I just purchased a MPI "Y" servo reverser to run the dual servos in the tail of my Katana 1.4.... I plug in the reverser and I get NOTHING but a "blip" when the servo first gets power.
I think I have a DOA so I take it back to the hobby shop and and they plug it into an ACE servo tester and it works fine.... I go bact to my original genuine futaba "Y" and everthing works fine..... After the guy at the shop tested it with the ACE tester he tells me that there is nothing wrong with the MPI reverser... Has anyone had this problem before?.... I put a volt meter on the MPI "Y" and it has voltage at the servos but its like there is nothing making it through the signal/white wire.... Please Help....

Myron
Old 03-12-2004, 09:49 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Radio / Servo experts please help..

From what I understand, the futaba series of receivers put out less control signal that other receivers. While the servo voltage may be 6.0 volts or more, the control signal is usually around 3.3 volts. You may have trouble due to signal loss in the extension.

Try first plugging the Y cable directly into the receiver and see if it works.
If no, then try a difference receiver to see if it works.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

If you are using a 6v battery that could be the problem. I used to have a MPI reverser in my SIG Sukhoi but it acted just as you described when I went to a 6v battery. You'll either have to add a voltage regulator to knock it down to 4.8v or get rid of the reverser and set up the elevator servos on different channels. With your radio I would do the latter.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:33 PM
Myron

Hey guys, I tried using just the "Y" extension by itself and still nothing... MPI claims it will work with 4.8-6.0 volts... I am going to run by the hobby shop and try it on 4.8 volts and see what happens... If that is the case, i will just have to mix the other servo with the radio or find a better reverser that is 6 volt compatible..... Hope i get it figured out for the weekend!

Myron
Old 03-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Myron

Robotech,

Your were right..... went to the hobby shop and tested it with a 4.8 volt pack and it worked fine.. The MPI cliams to be 6 volt compatible but IT NO WORKIE!!!..... I am going to call MPI and see if they have the right one...

Myron
Old 03-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Myron

FYI

Just got off the phone with MPI..... I was told that the earlier versions of this splitter (3169FJYR futaba J) are not compatible if running a 6 volt pack. I was also told that it was a "defect" in the Futaba receiver... seems a little backwards and the "defect" is in the splitter, but either way, The guy is shipping me a new revision..

Myron
Old 03-13-2004, 02:00 AM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Glad you got it solved. Not to sure about the Futaba deal though. Mine experience was with a Hitec Supreme.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:25 PM
WindsorJim

Well.... There you have it! The answer to my problem. Seek and you shall find.. I've been pulling my hair out over the same issue. Futaba 6XAS set-up in PPM mode, Miracle-Y driving 2 Hitec digitals for the elev, running a 6v.... Nada! Plug in a 4.8 and I'm good to go. I'd rather use a 6v due to te increased torque... Sig SU-31 too... Weird... Gonna call MPI and see if I have old technology too. Thanks guys.