Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Second Radio Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 11:25 AM
Reusty2k3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second Radio Advice

I have been flying for 1 season now and I have grown tired of my Sparky 400.

I am looking for a nice aileron trainer or otherwise simple 4 channel plane. But I currently only have a Hitec 3 transmitter.

Can anyone make some suggestions for a new radio for me to get, and keep in mind I am a college student, so I am looking to stretch my dollar as much as I can

thanks alot
Old 03-14-2004, 11:27 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Second Radio Advice

If you want to stay compatible with your existing Hitec receiver(s) then you need to stay with Hitec you get Futaba. Have you looked at the Hitec transmitters at www.hitercd.com? Have you looked at the Futaba transmitters at www.futaba-rc.com? You should consider whether you will only want one more channel for the foreseable future, or more. Buying a new transmitter each time you want to add one thing will get expensive... Are you only going to fly one model with the transmitter? The lower end computer radios (~$200.00) all have multiple model memories... Lastly -- have you considered buying a used transmitter? The last Futaba T6XA that I sold went for $90.00 and it was in perfect shape...
Old 03-15-2004, 06:50 PM
rrweather
My Feedback: (7)

Keep your eye on the For Sale boards and also watch eBay. There are usually good deals to be had if you watch carefully. How far do you plan on going into the hobby? While funds may be limited right now, you don't want to buy another radio that will only last you another year. Buying a new radio every year is expensive. If you can save up and get a radio that is a little more than what you need right now, you will be able to make the radio last longer.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:16 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

It sounds like you will need a complete setup.
Since you know how to fly, I would recommend the Avistar Select.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXMU53**&P=7
Old 04-14-2004, 10:09 PM
Reusty2k3

Thanks alot for your help,

I will probably go with a 5 channel Hitec Flash or something simelar.

again thanks for your input