Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

jr 8103 question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 03:30 PM
wing-nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jr 8103 question

What's up, guys,

I was hoping some of you folks could clear this up for me. A few years ago, I had a nice new 8103, complete with both ppm and pcm receivers. In a moment of temporary insanity, I e-bay'ed the thing as I never used it in the year that I had it. Well, anyway I am looking to get another one and want either the 8103 or the Futaba 9C. My question is this: I know the 8103 is an 8-channel rig. Why, then is the reciever a 7-channel model? If I fork out the extra loot for eight channels, give me eight channels!! My problem is that I cannot remember if my original ppm reciever (when I paid $469 for it) sported 7 or 8. If I had eight to begin with, why the change? And does this justify the cheaper price over a few years ago? Also, should I stick with JR, or check out the 9C? Thanks for the input, guys. I appreciate the help.

Bryan
Old 03-30-2004, 03:40 PM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: jr 8103 question

the package with the 7 channel receiver is a promo for less money. the 8103 air is $ 469 with a 9 channel FM receiver
Old 03-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: jr 8103 question

The promo 8103 also has 4 digital servos instead of the 4 standard ball bearing servos. That's the reason I bought a second 8103, to get the digitals. If you have never flown digitals, and you are a good flier, you'll be pleasantly surprised. They are fast, strong and have supurb centering.

As for the receiver, the one you get (700) is a small, light receiver. The PCM version (770S) is only $20 more, a great price. Besides, I have only used 8 channels on 1 airplane a giant twin which I didn't fly very long. On 95% of my planes, a 6 channel receiver will do-I use flaperons-and I have several JR 6-channels. I also have a few FMA 8 channel receivers. They only have 8 plugs for the channels and the battery. If you want to use all 8, you need a Y. I have yet to need one.