Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Best radio for 3-D T6XAS vs Hitec /5

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 09:00 PM
berniem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best radio for 3-D T6XAS vs Hitec /5

I'm getting into 3-D & wondered if the Futaba T6XAS was a better deal over the Hitec /5. I have a deal set on a used T6X for $160. Thanks for your consideration & feedback.
Old 06-27-2002, 09:44 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best radio for 3-D T6XAS vs Hitec /5

Bernie,
Honestly, NEITHER are good choices if you want to expand into 3D. The radios do not have enough mixing function, no full blown airbrake capability, the 6X non super doesn't have exponential or rudder dual rate; the 6X super has rudder expo but only if you use a 'flight switch' meaning all 3 rates are on a single switch.

Please remember, these are entry level computer radios, designed for basic setups, not for complex aircraft with capabilities not even thought of as commonplace at the time of the radio's design.

A used 8U can be had for very reasonable prices, and it will give you far more flexibility and can and will support MOST 3D aircraft.

The 9C, if you want to make a good long term investment, will likely be all the radio you need for a long time to come. The 9Z is far more radio still, but is more complex and really not recommended as a first computer radio because the learning curve is so huge.