Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Changing from Airtronics to Futaba??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 03:55 PM
Hiflyer001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing from Airtronics to Futaba??

Need some help!!! I am thinking about buying the Futaba 9ch radio because of the crow feature and other reasons. All I now have is Airtronics stuff. Should I go ahead or maybe purchase the Airtronics RD6000 instead. Thanks in advance....

Also can I keep the same servos in my Ultra Stick without replacing all 8 of them.
Old 06-28-2002, 04:50 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Depends.

If your servos have 'Z' connectors you'll be able to use them without much difficulty. You'll have to reverse the servos, though. (use the servo reverse function built into the radio)

If they have the old-type Airt connectors you'll need to swap the '+' and '-' lines on each servo or you'll smoke 'em all.

You'll have to replace your receiver. Airt and Fut receivers are not compatible with each other.

OTOH an RD6000 (Super, not the Sport version), Stylus, JR 378 *or* JR8103 will work with all the existing gear in your plane and give you the mixing features you're looking for.
Old 06-28-2002, 05:36 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

I made this difficult decision when I got back into RC a year ago, and all I can say to you is don't let your stock pile keep you from buying the TX you really want. If you do, you're just going to regret it even more when the TX you compromised on doesn't do everything you want it to do.

You can always sell off your old stuff here or on ebay. Electroics don't last forever, and it's not a bad idea to renew you stock after a long while anyway, even if everything seem to work perfectly.