Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics Vanguard 6 Channel

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 05:33 PM
canadiank-9
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics Vanguard 6 Channel

I have an opportunity to buy the a/n radio. It is 10 years old and was never used. The batteries may need replacing, but any idea what the radio is like. Good/ Bad?? Please reply asap.

Thanks
Andrew
Old 05-04-2004, 12:20 AM
pilotkelowna
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Airtronics Vanguard 6 Channel

Andrew:

I have a 6 channel and a 7 channel Vanguard which I use regularly - have never had a problem of any sort after using them both for over 5 years. They don't have all the fancy features the modern computer radios have, but are perfectly acceptable for all-round sport flying.
If it's brand new and only needs batteries go for it if the price is right.

Brian
Old 05-04-2004, 12:22 AM
CP140

Can't tell you too much about that particular radio I'm afraid....but I am very happy with the Airtronics radios I do own!
Old 05-04-2004, 01:04 AM
Hepdog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just recently aquired a 1991 Airtronics Vanguard VG6P but am experiencing problems. The original batteries were naturally pooched so I replaced them. However, I can't get the radio to work properly. All it does is BEEP continuously. I've tried every possible switch combination to reset it but to no avail. The reversing switches will reverse the servos, but that is it. The sticks will not move the servos. I have an outstanding e-mail to Airtronics service dept so we will see how that goes.

Pilot Kelowna do you know of any possible reasons or fixes for the beeping?
Old 05-04-2004, 07:47 PM
pilotkelowna
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry..........can say what may be wrong. Neither my VG6P or VG7P has ever beeped. Airtronics may have the answer for you.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:33 PM
cap10b

A VG6P is the PCM version of the FM Vanguard, I have one and flew it regular till I crunch a plane one day due to battery failure and smashed my receiver. (by the way the Airtronics forum in on Yahoo under Groups you can join and talk to the folk at Airtronics in particular Jack Albrecht.)

Anyway the beep you hear is the fail safe audio pre-set. Turn the radio on and move the sticks to what ever seting you want press the black button on the front bezel panel you hear a loud beeb and the fail safe is set.

Turn off the transmitter and watch the servos jump to the exact setting you had when you pushed the black button.
Well since I cant get a PCM receiver for my unit and I really needed a new radio I bought a GWS FM receiver and installed in a glider hung the whole shooting match up in the local hobby shop for sale.

Hope that helps.

jds

Oh I still have a Module 7SP, a Vision 8P, RD6000, and about to buy an RD8000. Need a 10 channel you guys. Come on Sanwa get the lead out and give us a 10-12 channel radio to blast JR and Futaba out of the sky.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:47 PM
ldias

Check out the Airtronics Web Site. They have the RD6000 on sale for $100 (transmitter only) or $175 with receiver and servos. This is the first version of the RD6000 but a darn good price (with 1 yr warranty).