Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Receiver for a T6XAS

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 09:39 AM
berniem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver for a T6XAS

I just bought a used T6 & wondered what to do about getting additional receiver?
Old 06-29-2002, 10:57 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Any Futaba FM receiver will work. I would recommend that you try the R-127DF. You can also try a HiTec Supreme negative shift FM receiver.
Old 06-29-2002, 11:32 AM
ec121k

Default Receiver

If you want a nice bulky piece of ballast, get that 15 year old design from Futaba. They usually work well.

If you want modern technology, check out the FMA designs like the Magnum and Quantum. Now you have a .5 ounce receiver with either 6 or 8 channels. Only problem is if your workbench is messy, you may have a hard time finding them.

(I don't have anything to do with the company. I just buy and use many of their products and have an electronics background.)

Go to fmadirect.com.
Old 06-29-2002, 12:25 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Bernie,
Your 6XAS can run any Futaba compatible FM receiver or any Futaba BRAND PCM1024 receiver such as the R148DP and R138DP.
Old 06-29-2002, 12:51 PM
Ladyflyer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The HiTec company also has a line of excellent receivers. The Hitech Supreme is robust an reliable. They also make some of the best smaller receivers. The 555 is a classic. EXCELLENT service/support,but it's not very likely you will need it
Old 06-29-2002, 02:09 PM
amcross

Very true, LF. I personally really like the feather for park fliers.

Great Planes now has a new line of micro 4 and 5 channel FM receivers which auto shift select for use with JR/Airtronics and Futaba/Hitec transmitters as well which are also compatible. And Futaba has the new R114F and the even newer (not yet shipping) R114FL if park flier size/weight receivers are desired.
Old 06-29-2002, 02:53 PM
berniem
My Feedback: (1)

Default Are most FM crystals compatable?

Thanks for your responses. It seems we have many choices. Are most FM crystals compatable?
Old 06-30-2002, 07:23 AM
FCC

LF

Sorry but the Hitec Supreme and Slim RXs are the exact prototype (copy) of the Futaba R127 RXs. I was considering that you might have got the reply from Mike regarding this but you are still unaware. Just open the 2 RXs and compare, you will definitely be surprized.

If I have soemthing to do with the legal issue then I must have a case of coyright against hitec for this.

Sorry for being off topic but the people should know about this.
Old 06-30-2002, 10:18 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

No most FM crystals are not compatable. I don't know what the difference is but they seem to be broken into single and dual conversion crystals.
Old 07-02-2002, 05:52 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I might have missed this issue here, but a rather important addition here, is that if you go with Futaba reciever(which I recomend), you need to be sure to get the correct one, IE lo-band ch11-35, hi-band ch36-60. Whichever one of these suits your particular channel, as Futaba is center tuned, and sells recievers accordingly.
This is in a nutshell here, but something you want to look into for understanding, although it is an easy concept to grasp, and important to know about modern Futaba's. Hope this helps.

PS...Don't mix crystals in different brand radios/recievers, it's just not worth it. The crystals are alot easier and cheaper to replace then airplanes. Just get same brand crystal/reciever, no matter what you hear. FYI.