Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex EVO system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Multiplex EVO system?

I have just started reading about the Multiplex EVO radios and I am seriously considering switching from JR to the new Multiplex system. I have been using JR radios for a very long time but have been flying jets for the last few years and find the JR radio to be somewhat restrictive in many aspects not to mention that my very expensive 10X tansmitter does not work for heli's, which I also fly, so I need two transmitters. With Multiplex I only need one!!
I could easily sell both of my JR radios and purchase one of the new Multiplex EVO12 synthesized radios and only have one transmitter.

I have the following concerns about Multiplex at this time though and was wondering if anyone can help with some answers before I make a decision.

1 - Will the transmitter operate JR PCM 10 channel receivers?

2 - If so, will the receiver fail-safe operate with the JR PCM 10 channel receivers?

3 - I fly Jetcat turbines and it is necessary to setup the turbine engine failsafe. Can this be done with the Multiplex transmitter/JR PCM receiver or do I need to use the Multiplex receivers?

4 - I have read about problems with compatibility of Multiplex radios with JR digital servos. In the post I read, the person was not using Multiplex receivers, I don't think. I have several planes (mostly jets) with JR PCM 10 channel receivers and digital servos and was wondering about any problems this will create.

Can any problems with the digitals be resolved by using a Multiplex receiver with the JR digitals?

5- Is the channel scanner installed on the EVO12 when it is shipped or does it need to be ordered separately?

6 - Are the synthesized modules available yet?

7 - Can you install Li-Ion batteries in the transmitter?

8 - What are your experiences with service for the Multiplex systems? A very good reason for me to stay with JR is the quick service from them, usually no more than 2 weeks.

What about service on the Multiplex systems?

I don't mind buying new Multiplex receivers if necessary but I do want to be certain that I am able to operate my jets with the JR digital servos using the Multiplex 12 channel receivers. I do not want to have to replace all of the servos in the jets. This would be an enormous task I don't want to do at this time. Thanks in advance for any help, Gary
Old 05-16-2004, 01:45 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Multiplex EVO system?

1. No, only a JR Tx will operate a JR PCM Rx. That is one of PCMs disadvantages.

2. If you want failsafe with an Evo you have to buy Mpx Rx.

3. Need an Mpx Rx.

4. Some people have reported problems using the synth module, on 72mhz only, with some but not all types of JR digital servo. The crystal module is ok. Check with the people who reported the jittering which servos were affected.

5. It's an extra, not sure if it is available on 72mhz yet. Mpx has always encountered problems making scanners for 72mhz for its other radios long before the Evo.

6. Synth modules are available, if you want one order a synth Tx rather than an xtal one and have to pay again for the synth module.

7. Li-on, maybe, Mpx Tx use 6 cells = 7.2volts. But why bother, on the stock battery users are getting 5-8 hours per charge and the tx is already very light.

8. Can't comment on USA service.